Bride-to-Be Challenge

Options
Ok ladies... I have 50+ pounds to lose before August 7th, THIS YEAR!! I'm sick of talking about it and not following through. Maybe by talking to other brides-to-be, I can get some motivation.... So this is what I'm looking for; your wedding date - your ultimate goal -Let's check in weekly to encourage and support each other in our journey BEFORE we walk down the aisle! Let's ALL look smokin' hot in our wedding gowns!!

My beginning wt: 206#
Goal: 145#
Today's wt: 201#
Short-term goal: 199# by 3-1-10

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm already married (over 2 years now), but I say go for it!!! Just be patient, but don't completely restrict yourself! Make sure you include some exercise in your routine & you will be fine. You can reach your goal!!!:drinker:
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh sounds good to me!!

I get married on 10th September 2010!! Cant wait!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

My start wieght on here was 161, although I did creep up to 168 last Christmas!! :explode: :explode:

Current weight is 155.

I am not used to using lb's!! Am 11 stone 1 lb, I have been trying to get under 11 for the past few weeks, but am stuck!!! :mad: :mad: Grrr!! So am trying to be good as gold this week!!

My goal for the big day is 140. If I can loose more that would be fab!! :happy:
  • uptonia
    Options
    I can appreciate this thread :) Getting married October 17th, dress is already ordered but I sure hope to be smaller when it comes!

Beginning weight: 220lbs
    Goal: 190lbs
    Today's Weight: 218lbs
    Short-Term Goal: 210 by April 1st
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I'm not getting married but my roommate from college is in October and I'm a bridesmaid! I have to try on dresses in April I think...and from today I need to drop about 25-30 before the wedding. If you need a partner, I'm here for ya! And congrats!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Already married. But just as a heads up to all you brides getting in shape. You have to get your dress fitted like a month or two before the wedding. I had mine fitted and it was fine. I lost weight from the time it was fitted and the wedding. So, the dress was a little big on me. Not enough for others to notice, but I knew.

So please work hard, just know that you may have a loose fitting dress on the big day. :happy: Unless your dress has the ties and you can cinch it up!

Congrats to all of those getting married and wanting to start your new life healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Are Bridesmaids-to-Be allowed? :flowerforyou:
  • LayLay35
    Options
    I'm getting married September 25th of this year! I ordered my dress a month ago in a slightly smaller size. I hope to lose a few inches and even more lbs.

SW: 204
    CW: 195
    GW: 160
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Are Bridesmaids-to-Be allowed? :flowerforyou:

I hope so...I already enlisted as one hehe. Definitely going to try to find a dress with a corset back so that I don't have to get refitted after dropping some of this poundage :-)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just remember, brides-to-be, don't get too stressed! That can also make you keep or gain weight! Just focus on what the marriage means, not just the wedding! :heart:
  • lisanxd
    Options
    I'm getting married August 28th this year. I have ordered my dress, ordered a little smaller but no matter what will have to get it altered because my chest is always big no matter what I weigh... so that's what decided the size of my dress. I hope to lose about 70 lbs. eventually but am trying to lose at least another 30-40 before the wedding date.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 15, 2011 but I'm still up for the challenge!
  • shannonsmallmon
    shannonsmallmon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got married in september but I am here to encourage you. You can do it. My town is doing the biggest loser and I joined so I am really trying to lose to before my anniversary I want to lose 40 lbs by sept we will see how it goes :0 I got your back just keep it up.

Shannon smallmon
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married September 25th of this year! I ordered my dress a month ago in a slightly smaller size. I hope to lose a few inches and even more lbs.

SW: 204
    CW: 195
    GW: 160

I'm also getting married on September 25th!!! It will be our 5 year anniversary since we officially started dating! I currently weigh 196, so we're close in weight, too. Strange, huh? lol

SW: 245
    CW: 196
    GW: 150-155
  • keri107
    keri107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I' m up for it too! I'm getting married on December 19 of this year! I lost 30 pounds about 4 years about and have gained about half back!

my start weight: 162 lbs (i just joined so its the same as current weight)
    goal weight is: 137 lbs
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! I'd LOVE to join, this is just the type of motivation and support I need. I am getting married on October 1, 2011. I know it is further away, but I really want to get focused now on reaching my goals!! Can't wait to get to know all of you :smile:

Current Weight: 164
    Goal Weight: 125
  • newnormal2010
    Options
    I'm getting married October 15, 2011 but I'm still up for the challenge!

That's my anniversary! I got married October 15, 1994. It's a great time of year for a wedding! :drinker:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 2nd of this year....only 2 months to go! Would definitely love to join in!
  • LayLay35
    Options

I'm also getting married on September 25th!!! It will be our 5 year anniversary since we officially started dating! I currently weigh 196, so we're close in weight, too. Strange, huh? lol

SW: 245
    CW: 196
    GW: 150-155

Well congrats!! It's coming up really fast and I've just recently started back up with my workouts. Best of luck to you!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am getting married March 20 of this year. It comes up fast. I have a lace up back so some weight change isn't going to affect me. Right now I am more worried about gaining stress weight.
    My biggest goal is to maintain, I would love to lose some but I need to be realistic stress=weight.
    I have decided to cut back on how much sugar I eat until the week before the wedding. The week before the wedding I am hoping to be no sugar, my body holds water when I eat sugar, until the wedding cake.

good luck to everyone

We are also getting married at our 5 year dating mark.
  • Rudie
    Rudie Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi All

I get married in 8 weeks, on 24 April.

I did the crazy thing that everyone tells you not to do - I saw the dress of my dreams and bought it, about 15 months ago. At the time I weighed 231lb and was a UK size 22. The dress was somewhere between a UK size 12 and 14.

Anyway, as of this morning I weigh 173lb and the dress fits beautifully! My dressmaker says it won't matter if I lose another 5 -7lb so I'm still sticking with my diet and exercise plan until the wedding. If nothing else, then the sessions in the gym are brilliant at reducing stress, and I think I can tone up a lot in 8 weeks.

I've been using a pay-site for calorie tracking and support, but I found this site earlier this week and I really like it, so here I am. My eventual goal is to get to 161lb, but I think that will be some time after the wedding.

Go for it girls - you have a brilliant opportunity to look and feel how you want on the day you start your new life. I'm so glad I've got this far, and I'm looking forward to the support for the final sprint to The Day!!!

Rudie xx