17 months, 69 pounds down, 30 lbs. to go! Pics

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
Today I hit my second major goal - I am no longer considered obese on the BMI scale. I never really thought I'd get here but here I am! And I have no intention of stopping. I have another 30ish lbs. to go to hit my final goal. It's slow going for me (I have PCOS and Hashimoto's), and will probably take close to another year to get there, but I'll get there, eventually. I have lost 68.5 lbs. since I started MFP, but that was not my all time high. I am down probably another 15 lbs. from that level.

How did I do it? I followed MFPs recommendations. I eat ALL my exercise calories back. I still eat junk but make better choices than I used to. I've gone from having splurge weekends, to splurge days, and to now, splurge meals. But they are fewer and farther between, and less "splurgey" than they used to be. I lost the first 30 lbs. without exercise. Then I started walking. Then I started running. I've done quite a few 5Ks and am training for a 10K in November. I started biking too. I hope to start swimming over the winter and train for sprint triathalon next year (though open water swimming is scary!). When I started, I was netting about 1460 calories. Now, I net 1200 and MFP predicts I'll lose 1.2 lbs. per week. I average losing .8 lbs. per week. I am 5'4" tall and 37 years old. I've gone from a size 18W to a 10 or 12 depending on the cut.

And now for some pictures :-)

A face compare from probably my all-time high, and from a wedding this past weekend:
i-CcjNzpK-S.jpgi-Lkn7vqs-S.jpg

This is the only full body picture I have from the beginning of this journey. I had lost 6 lbs. at this point. The other picture is from 2 weeks ago on our Disney Vacation.
i-dhgHSQv-S.jpgi-gmKnqxw-S.jpg

Nice Family Shots:
i-G9TJDLF-M.jpg
i-WmLJK4D-M.jpg

And just because my kids are adorable LOL:
i-JP8SfmN-S.jpg
i-KZj8QCH-S.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!