My name is Jen, and I like to party.

Options
I'm just starting this journey, could use some advice! I'm drinking a smoothie for breakfast(currently using the visalus shake mix, open to other options), and lunch, and I need to know what are some good snacks to do in between, and some yum dinners that won't put me over my calories! I have 3 kids and a hubby, so making something everyone will eat for dinner is a challenge. I also need motiviation. I'm sitting here at 0130 am, trying to get my baby to sleep and craving carbs so bad i'm really considering making a box of mac and cheese. help!

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Mango, melon, grapes, satsumas. I love my fruit and can fill me up, oh I forgot banana.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Late night/Early morning snacks DEMAND fresh fruits and veggies! Always keep plenty on hand and a wide variety!

Apples dipped in Dannon light Greek yogurt is excellent for a sweet tooth!
    Deans fat free cottage cheese with pineapple, diced pears or peaches (in 100% fruit juice) is also GREAT to utilize!
    My refrigerator has a minimum 10 different fruits and veggies at ALL times! Plus FF Greek yogurt, FF cottage cheese and eggbeaters. Between those three staples and tons of fresh fruits and veggies you have a great combo!

You can do this!
  • aftomkitty
    Options
    How do you prepare your eggbeaters? and how much cottage cheese?
  • aftomkitty
    Options
    Any other suggestions besides fruits and veggies for quick snacks?
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Other quick snacks I like other than fruits/veggies:

1. string cheese
    2. yogurt
    3. sunflower seeds (because they keep me busy from mindless eating...not sure on their nutritional value, but I stay away from the extra salty flavors)
  • seebs079
    seebs079 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My name is Josh, and I also like to party. :wink:

Besides fruits and veggies, I like snacking on almonds. I'm currently eating unsalted because I'm trying to watch my sodium intake. But from what I've read, almonds are one of the most nutrition nuts in terms of high protein and other good stuff. I find that a handful of almonds will take away my hunger pains and help me keep my calories where they should be.
  • lolmommylol
    Options
    I really like laughing cow light cheese(2) and 3 stoned wheat thins crackers break them in half it is a great snack i believe its 140 calories and 18g of carbs and 5g of fat and 6g of protein.

But usually snacks are more along the lines of fruit and veggies or fibre 1 bars

Wish i could help with dinner i am struggling as well i have 2 boys so i am usually make a few different things. Good luck you can do it!!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen. I just started my journey a couple of months ago. It's been a real eye opener. Down 27 pounds so far. Many more to go! High protein foods really help you burn excess fat. Drink 100 plus ounces of water per day. If you have an I phone or any other smart phone, check out the smarter science of slim podcast by Jonathan Bailor. It was a really helpful to me. I'm doing the p90x program and its been hard abut it really has kept me motivated. I started at 314. Currently 283. 73 days in

Good luck