Thinner face by November 19th?

Options
Ok, this may sound weird, and the answer is probably obvious, but I'm wondering if there are any tricks for thinning out my face/chin/neck, other than the general cardio, etc that I'm doing to lose weight. I have to renew my driver's license that day and thought it would be awesome if I could "put my best face forward" lol. My old picture from 11/30/2007 looks horrible, and I already look much better, but I thought it would be a great goal to try to see how much I can get it to change in a little over a month. Any helpful advice would be great!!

Replies

• Sbaby74
    Sbaby74 Posts: 36
    Options
    It doesn't sound weird at all Rena. I have often wondered of there was some way to make my face thinner but keep things tight . As well I would like to know if any ladies have any tricks to keeping your breast from getting saggy as you lose weight. I mean I'm already 38 so time its self is starting to pick on me, I certainly don't want to give it any help if I can keep from it.
  • larisabones
    Options
    Nope. You can't choose how your weight loss is distributed. Though, generally, it seems that the face is the first area where most people notice you've lost weight. I don't know how correct or credible it is, but I have often heard that women lose weight from the head down (it seems to have been true for me, but everyone is different)
    As for the boobies, you can do chest exercises to tone muscle, which might give a little lift, but the skin will still be saggy.
    I'm afraid the only answer to these things would be something drastic like plastic surgery.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound weird at all Rena. I have often wondered of there was some way to make my face thinner but keep things tight . As well I would like to know if any ladies have any tricks to keeping your breast from getting saggy as you lose weight. I mean I'm already 38 so time its self is starting to pick on me, I certainly don't want to give it any help if I can keep from it.

i have heard lifting weights will help...chest exercises...swimming used to tone up my chest fast....use lots of lotion to keep your skin hydrated from outside, lots of water to keep skin hydrated on inside....and hopefully that will help alot!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What you can do is to avoid eating salty and sugary foods, especially a couple of days before taking the picture. Avoid takeaways, alcohol, anything canned, bad carbs. It will lessen the chances of eventual water retention and make your face look less bloated.

Other than that - use the power of make-up. Seriously, a good contouring powder/blush will make an amazing difference if you choose the right shade for you.
  • SUSIE2662
    Options
    You can get a Facial Flex and they really do work. http://www.facialflex.com/ I've been using one for about 12 mths & I am positive it's made a massive difference on my 'mature' face :-)
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found is a tall photographer always helps. :)