Hello, I'm new and need help as I work in catering.

Options
Hi
I joined MFP in July and I have managed to loose 20lbs.I find it hard working in a hotel kitchen and wondered if anyone has any tips to help with all the nibbling and coping with the irregular meal patterns

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i work in a kitchen as well. the food we prepare is pretty tasty most of the time. i stopped nibbling when i knew i had to log EVERY BITE! do you know how long it takes to log a tablespoon of this and another of that?! yeah, that cut nibbling out pretty much completely.

you just have to make yourself accountable.

if you nibble it, scribble it. if you snack it, track it. if you bite it, write it. am i getting the point across?
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you are snacking throughout the day you may be going over your daily calorie goal. My meals are usually around 350-400 calories which leaves little room for snacking. I might have enough room in my diet to snack on a Greek yogurt or ten almonds, but after that I have maxed my calorie intake for the day.

My advice would be to carefully track what you are tasting in the kitchen and keep in mind when you have reached your "snacking limit" for the day. If you go over your calories you can always burn them off at the gym!
  • cocoadancer
    cocoadancer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ,u are right the main problem is tracking all the sauces I taste not to mention all the other yummy food around.I am just going to be more aware of what goes in my mouth,write it down and get tracking.