Chronic eater...

Options
2»

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Eat naked.

But...if I eat naked, wont I be putting everyone around me on a diet as well???

help those who refuse to help themselves
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I get the feeling you are not feeling my pain in an appropriate manner. Sometimes I eat 3 times a day, maybe 4!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Oh *kitten*.. I didnt know it was that bad. I'm sorry. How many calories are you eating? Should be like 400/day right? As long as you dont go over 400/day you'll be fine Charlie.

How much over do you usually go?
    [/quote]

2000, maybe 2500. oh the shame of it. Sometimes, sometimes, I go into the corner and hide from the world.
    [/quote]

Oh no....No wonder!! That is just off the charts. You really should cut back! I'd suggest a good detox diet to help gety your body back in line!!
  • annehart00
    Options
    Chistopher Fairburn's Overcoming Binge Eating.... I need to put this book on a signature line.

Chris's book is more science and plan based. I also found Anita Johnson's Eating in the Light of the Moon helpful on a spiritual level. I would say that book is more woman-nre age oriented.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

I get the feeling you are not feeling my pain in an appropriate manner. Sometimes I eat 3 times a day, maybe 4!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Oh *kitten*.. I didnt know it was that bad. I'm sorry. How many calories are you eating? Should be like 400/day right? As long as you dont go over 400/day you'll be fine Charlie.

[/quote]

2000, maybe 2500. oh the shame of it. Sometimes, sometimes, I go into the corner and hide from the world.
    [/quote]

Oh no....No wonder!! That is just off the charts. You really should cut back! I'd suggest a good detox diet to help gety your body back in line!!
    [/quote]

Can we have a colon clensing party?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    For every bite you take, give yourself a reason that food is terrible for you.

Uh, no! Don't do this! You don't want to create an unhealthy or shaming relationship with food. My suggestion, is if you are really struggling with binge type eating, you should seek professional help and talk to someone about it. If you can't see a professional, there are many support groups that don't cost any money in most communities and you should google search them.
  • ash5205
    ash5205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Log it BEFORE you eat it!

I agree with this. I try to plan my meals ahead of time as much as possible, then stick to what I log. If I can't plan ahead of time, I log immediately afterward. Definitely use your food diary because it is a sense of accountability and when I've had a bad day (like yesterday) I do NOT like to see the junk I have to log in the diary. So that gives me more motivation for the next day. When you feel hungry, try to drink a big glass of water first! I try to have the mentality that drinking lots of water is flushing my system of all the bad stuff I've put in it. I also try to think that everything I eat should have a purpose (and if it's full of fat and calories, I think - I have no reason to eat that!). I do think it's true you feel better mentally and physically when you eat better. It's definitely tough at first, but after you get used to eating the healthier choices, THOSE are the things you will crave instead of the bad foods. I know that I can feel much fuller - longer with many healthy choices, than I would with fast food or something. I felt I had an addiction to food for a very long time until just recently and now after working toward a goal for only 3 1/2 weeks so far, I already feel like my mindset is changing for life with the way I look at food. I've had slipups and I think everyone will, but jump back on the next day instead of giving up!! :)
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can we have a colon clensing party?
    [/quote]

I'll bring some salted prunes.
  • SeaChele77
    Options
    Enema's work best - prunes take too long!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Well we gotta have some snacks right? I mean we're gonna want some.
  • SeaChele77
    Options

Well sure - as a snack they are awesome! But who wants to wait around for them to kick in. We need instant results here.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Well sure - as a snack they are awesome! But who wants to wait around for them to kick in. We need instant results here.

...I was gonna nom some prunes as I got my enema done. Gotta keep my munchies in check
  • SeaChele77
    Options

...I was gonna nom some prunes as I got my enema done. Gotta keep my munchies in check

Oh of course.... perfect solution!! Great idea sir!!