Where do I go to buy good running shoes?

Options
I have seen posts where people say going to a "running shoe store"... could I have a couple names of stores or chains so I can search to find a location?

Thanks

Replies

• cookmn
    cookmn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is there a Fleet Feet in your area? If so, they will analyze your gait and recommend a shoe.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Scheel's and D!cks are both good too.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Scheel's and D!cks are both good too.

D1cks isn't a specialty running store, it's a retailer. You won't find a runner shoe fit expert there.

Fleet Feet
    Solers
    Roadrunner Sports
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Roadrunner
    Boulder running store I hear is good
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    http://www.runnersmarket.com/

These guys are close to you, right?

From their website they fit the bill.
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    Thank you all! :) I will check these out
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    Once you find a running store they are a great source of Ingo for upcoming races and group runs. Also google local running stores if none of the big ones are nearby.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Fleet Feet. I don't get my shoes any where but there. One of the last times I was there I bought my shoes which were the same brand that I had previously only the updated model. I stupidly did not take them for the quick test run around the neighborhood before buying them and in fact got two pair so I didn't have to go back when the first pair was done.

They were definitely NOT the same pair of shoes that I had previously. They were uncomfortable and bothered my feet. The problem was that I had already ran in them and threw the box to one pair away! However I decided to go back and see if they would at least take back the ones still in the box and they took back both pairs and got me a different brand of shoe that fit much better than those.