One Day of Glory

Options
I know people who count calories for 6 days a week and have 1 day of eating whatever they like (but without going too far over their calorie count)... I would like to start doing this maybe after a month of it but I'm not really sure if it's really healthy... any advice?

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do that. My daily calories are 1840, so I eat that, but I do not log my exercise and worry about eating my exercise calories. I eat below the 1840 every day except for Wednesdays because THAT is my cheat day when I have a date night with my Hubbs or we have a dinner party with friends to help break up the work week. We eat whatever, we drink whatever, and I don't beat myself up over it. I weigh myself weekly on Sundays, and its working for me.

Weight loss should not be a temporary thing, it should be a life style change, because no one wants to go through losing weight over and over just to gain it back and have to lose it all over again. I plan to do this for the rest of my life. :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    My "cheat days" are usually just eating at maintenence. So if your deficit is 1500, eating up to 2500 for one day still is 6000 calories a week deficit, almost 2 pounds per week still.
  • Lindsay_Kay
    Lindsay_Kay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weight loss should not be a temporary thing, it should be a life style change, because no one wants to go through losing weight over and over just to gain it back and have to lose it all over again. I plan to do this for the rest of my life. :)

I could not agree with you more!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I counted calories for 5 years now I take 4-5 months off here and there to practice making the decisions on my own from my past experience and years of practice with the actual counter. Tracking for so long told me what foods are always good so I can pull from a list of about 50 foods now and know that every one of them is a winner.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what I did and it worked for me.

Can't deprive yourself all the time, you'll go nuts and quit.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't allow myself cheat days like you are describing. If I want something cheat like, I log it and make sure it fits into my calories for the day. If that means I have to jump on the bike at home before dinner like I did last night, then that is what it means. I don't deny myself anything on any day if I really want it.