Scale

Options
Hello,

I wanted to know when is the best time to weigh yourself & how often. I weighed myself yesterday morning & the scale read 277,last night before bed it read 280 but this morning it said 277. Which should I go by??

Replies

• SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Best time is in the morning after going to bathroom and before breakfast.....I wish you success!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Best time is in the morning after going to bathroom and before breakfast.....I wish you success!

this is when I weigh as well.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would agree with morning time. After bathroom/before breakfast. I was just at the doctors office and weighed 7 lbs MORE than I did in the morning. She explained to me that it's normal for our bodies to fluctuate, and even up to 10lbs in one day (depending on food you eat, water intake, period, etc.)
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Exactly
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Weigh first thing in the morning - before shower or eating/drinking! Weigh the same time at least 3x per week (but if you're like many of us .....every day is fine too).
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

this is when I weigh as well.
    this
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I weigh in the mornings after I use the bathroom. But.... I only weigh on the days after I have had 24 hours for my muscles to recover from exercise. For example: I ran yesterday afternoon so I won't weigh again until tomorrow morning. Why? Your muscles swell after you workout and they need 24 hours to recover. When I do weigh after working out, I weigh 3-4lbs more than the day before. Very frustrating. Oh, and lets not forget that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're working out, you may not lose as fast as you would want to but you should keep up with your measurements. That is where you will see the change.
  • Quannicab
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I can update my profile.
  • iommi4
    iommi4 Posts: 20
    Options
    What I've been doing is just weigh myself one day a week right when I wake up. Usually after I shower. So I just pick Monday morning. I just care about overall progress from the week, it would drive me mad if I checked every day or a couple times during the week.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I refuse to torture myself mutiple times a week by weighing in. I weigh in once a week. There's too many variables that can and will make your weight fluctuate throughout the week to stress over .5 or a 2 lb gain.

I would like to get to the point where I weigh in once a month...cross that bridge when I get to it.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

This.
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    1st thing in the morning, before breakfast and after the bathroom. (completely naked as well) Or at least that's how I do it! *L*

Oh and I only weigh in once a week, otherwise I will just drive myself crazy with the numbers!
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have better results weighing once a week, Saturday morning after the bathroom, before breakfast and then putting the scale away until the following week.
    Your body's going to fluctuate and weighing every day makes me a stressed out nut case. Doing it once a week helps me see the path without the frustration. Just a thought.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone about weighing first thing in the morning, after the bathroom and before anything else.

As for how often you weigh, that depends on how you're going to deal with the numbers you see. I weigh myself every day knowing full well that it's going to fluctuate, but I like to see how the numbers move and I look for patterns relating to TOM or if I've simply eaten too much sodium. I use it as a tracking device just like the tape measure, pictures and MFP. If you're the type of person that will get depressed if you see even a slight upward movement, I would suggest weighing in no more than once a week.