Got time to burn? Check out my diary...

Options
...and make some constructive criticisms.

Cheers.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i had a quick look at a few days, and my main comment would be reduce the alcohol to 1-2 nights per week.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I second the less alcohol advice. Other than that it looks fine.

I do wonder what you're goal is, are you maintaining, try to lose some or build up muscles? And if so, is it working with your current diet?
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree. Less alchohol and less potatoes.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein and cutting down on carbs.. and people will tell you that it doesn't matter but I usually like to track sodium as well and try to keep that under 2500 a day..
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just kinda wonder how much sodium....

and do you drink water? What it really comes down to if it's working for you and what you're trying to accomplish with the input.

Personally I don't drink alcohol. It's terrible for my metabolism and full of empty calories and sugar. I know men metabolize it differently. Also I love potato's, I refuse to avoid whole foods, maybe just moderate them. I had a trainer a couple years ago that had all of these rules for eating, no more than a 1/2 banana and only if I ate it for breakfast, no orange fruits or vegetable etc.

I want to lose weight and get healthy, but in a sane and sensible way...

Good Luck on your journey.
  • bjdw1
    bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm on Maintenance calories at the moment. I don't want to lose anymore weight but would like to lose a bit more fat around the belly and chest and gain a bit more muscle tone.

I do drink a lot of water, at least 2 litres a day.

Sodium now added to diary. YIKES!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of using a lot of sauces, they're so easy and you add tons of flavor for low calorie. I make this one soy ginger dipping sauce... so good but it's like a salt lick. I still figure it's better than some of the bottled stuff plus since I make it and it's good for an asian flavor, sometimes add some to some zucchini and onion. But if you ever wantd to try you take 1/2 cup of soy sauce (low sodium is better diet wise) and 1/4 rice wine vinigar (sometimes i use a bit more of that to bring down sodium) and about 1/2 cup of chopped onion and then some grated fresh ginger. I usually use about an inch sized chunk but you can do it to taste. put that all n a blender or food processor. Do you have a benni hanas (spelling) osaka's shogun's? it's the dipping sauce they use for their meat.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If belly fat is your main problem, Ièd try and eat more protein and cut down on the alcohol and bread. 6 slices is alot in one sitting!:smile:
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If belly fat is your main problem, Ièd try and eat more protein and cut down on the alcohol and bread. 6 slices is alot in one sitting!:smile:

Ditto!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for several days. Didn't go too far back. You don't have a lot of variety. Is that ok with you? I know some people have no problem having the same meals over and over. I think one big improvement is to have more vegetables and a better variety of them to increase your micronutrients...things that are not tracked but have a big effect on your overall health.
    Daily alcohol use is a problem. Yes, you're fitting into your calorie allowance but they are empty calories....nothing good in there for your body and extra stress on your liver.