Looking for healthy pregnancy group

Hello, there! I am 23-years-old and am four months pregnant with my second child. While I fully understand that it is appropriate and healthy to gain weight during pregnancy, I am looking for a group of women who share my goal of maintaining a healthy weight during a pregnancy. Basically, I want to gain what I am supposed to gain while eating healthy performing appropriate exercises that will keep me fit and energetic. Are there any other women out there with a similar goal?

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Have you tried Cafe Mom

GREAT Group to connect with
  • YES! I am so glad I am not alone. Of course I want my baby to be healthy and safe but I gained 60lbs during my first pregnancy and I am so scared that it will happen again as I still havent lost all the weight from my first. I am only 5 weeks pregnant now but dont want a repeat. My son is 15months old and a wildfire!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Im having trouble finding other groups.
    But we could always chat on here :)
    I a a 20 year old nursing assistant. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy. I had a miscarriage last year at 13 weeks that triggered a lot of emotional eating over the winter and then just when I started to get back on track again -surprise,I was pregnant!
    I decided to take time off of mfp during my pregnancy. Until last week that is. I broke my foot and am not used to being this sedentary at all. I figured I better log back on just to motivate me to stay healthy for my little guy :)
  • Hi, Im 32 and this is my second pregnancy. My son is 15 months. So I am only 5 weeks right now and a lil nervous b/c I also had a miscarriage earlier in the year at 12 weeks. So because of that I am a little bit nervous about working out because I did not know I was pregnant and was working out and living life like I wasnt preg. I guess my biggest concern right now is not to overeat because even this early in my pregnancy I feel so hungry all the time. Like I wake up so hungry that my stomach is on fire lol.
  • I too am five weeks along, I have a three year old and my last pregnancy ended at twelve weeks as well, therefore I am terrified at every ache or pain and I was especially concerned because three days before I found out I was pregnant I ran a tough mudder(twelve mile obstacle course with electrocution), also I was training for a marathon. Now I am terrified to move, much less run because of past experience and I feel bloated and gross already. I am having a hard time defining what would be a safe way to maintain the high level of fitness, without feeling like I am risking my baby.
  • togobug
    togobug Posts: 48 Member
    Bump:)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    There is a group here on MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
    Congratulations, and good luck!
  • I'm 28 years old and 25 weeks pregnant. I was at the doctor yesterday and I've gained 20 pounds already and it is time for me to keep an eye on my food intake and start getting more exercise. I immediately stepped back up on the treadmill and started walking, and have started tracking my diet as I go again. However, it would be great to make friends that I can communicate with about this on a regular basis. Is there anyone out there with a similar goal?
  • alidawn81
    alidawn81 Posts: 8 Member
    YES! I am 30 weeks and my doctor pointed out last week that I have now gained a little over 30 pounds. She said its nothing to "worry" about but to keep an eye on it and try to cut out unnecessary calories. I have been struggling with my weight for over 2 years and was on a downward trend when I found out I was pregnant. Had no intention of "eating for 2" but the weight gain is happening like I am eating for 2. I'm back to walking twice a day at work and tracking my food on my app. I had hoped to only put on 25 - 30 the entire pregnancy. Any motivation from a group would be awesome. :)