Eat To Live Diet, any thoughts??

I already eat pretty clean but I am looking at this diet plan because I can't eat red meat (Allergy and it goes right through me) and I was wondering what other people think of the diet? I am looking at adding more beans to my diet and other types of protein like tofu because I am getting real sick of just white fish and chicken.

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Bump
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Never heard of the diet plan but I've also never heard of an allergy to red meat either. Are you sure you're not having a reaction to the fat content due to gallbladder malfunction/disease? Or an allergy to the wheat bun, breading, or additive you're eating WITH the red meat? Or could it be a lactose intolerant and you're drinking extra milk due to the salty taste or greasy taste of red meat?

Eliminate red meat and all you have left is fish, soy/tofu, poultry, eggs, dairy, beans, nuts, seeds, and grains for your protein. People talk about living on beans and rice because it's cheap, but personally I don't see it as practical. Just remember that beans and rice are high on carbs and carbs will cause an insulin response (something you want to control when you're trying to lose fat).

Why not dress up your chicken with some spices? I can make chicken taste 10 different ways with the right spices and veggies. Have every tried backing it with blackstrap molasses? Or how about oiling it with olive oil and putting a lemon pepper on it?

Eating to live is ideal, eating should never be a pleasure. It's just energy to do the real pleasure (exercise, socializing, hiking, traveling, working, sex, etc)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Nothing special about it, it's basically just a vegetarian diet, as far as I can tell.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Brianna, I am also considering a gradual adoption of this plan. I finished the book last night, and like you, I am experiencing food allergies (still in testing, but gluten seems to be the problem for me, and that might not be the only one). I don't think I can switch over all at once, but am starting today to increase the veggies substantially, and will move toward more meatless meals.

It is a vegetarian plan, but is focused on the quantity of green veggies, fruit and legumes consumed. It would require eating A LOT of food everyday.

Note - people can absolutely be allergic to beef, and it can be detected by a blood test, the same way many other food allergies are diagnosed.