Pregnancy 2010 - Week 8

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a)wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges.

The challenge for this week is.... (sorry if this is lame) eat your full serving of fruits (2-4 servings) and vegetables (3-5 servings) everyday! http://www.mypyramid.gov/

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    DIdn't gain or lose this week still 158.5lbs.

A good weight gain for the first trimester is to gain 2-4 pounds and so far I've lost 1.5 which isn't bad. I'm not supposed to try to lose weight so I eat the calories to maintain my weight, but with the appetite going all over the place it's hard to get good nutrition. I'm counting on a great second trimester which feels just around the corner.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any measureable loss either. Well, actually while I was sick last week I gained 2.5 lbs, and this week I lost the 2.5 lbs, so I am back to the weight I was at 2 weeks ago. I am pretty upset though that I will be hitting the end of the month with only a 1 lb loss for 28 days....that is pretty sad:sad:

I hope everyone else did better!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Okay.... weigh in time:o) I am happy to report that I lost 1 lb!!! :o) This is my first loss so far so I am pretty excited! :o)

LW - 232
    TW - 231

YAY!!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    140 lbs.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'll be back on tract soon. I need to step away for a bit. This is stressing me out much too much right now, with all the hard work and nothing happening. So I'm taking a little time to decompress and I will start fresh and new (all over again) on Monday or Tuesday (which will also be post-exams).

Thank you so much for the help and care everyone! It has made a huge difference in my feelings and discouragement. You really help. Thank you!
  • shellster80
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday AND again this morning!!

However, I did find out on Friday that I'm pregnant!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I'm 5w3d based on my last period, but only 4w5d based on when I ovulated. I have my early scan booked for the 12th March when hopefully I will see the :heart: and everything will be ok.

I WILL weigh myself and post tomorrow!!!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Confession time: I ordered a cheese pizza, garlic parmesan chicken wings, and garlic cheese bread last night! I ate it, it tasted amazing, and I didn't feel guilty about it at all!!!!

Now for the why: My husband just found out that he is being moved to 3rd shift until the end of August, possibly longer. He also goes to school for his MBA at night, so we figured out that from Sunday night when he leaves for work at 9pm, until Friday when I get home from work at 5, we will not actually see each other. This is a MAJOR blow to both of us. It also looks like it is going to be super hard to concieve, as looking at my fertile days, they are always falling on a Tuesday-Thursday.

We are both happy he has a good paying job, but I feel like this is just another pile of (you know what) thrown on top of us. I don't even feel like working out or trying to loose weight anymore, because...at this point...a baby is so far off. Sorry to vent, just needed to get this off my chest!

Good job on the weight loss girls! I am very happy for you....and Shelster - CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    May I join your group? Ive been TTC for 7 months now and NOTHiNG! Ive been to the doctor and everything is normal and fine and we are trying to do everything right but still nothing. I have even bought a clear blue fertility monitor and its fantastic I have only used it for this month where I didnt ovulate. Hmph, so I decided that I needed a lifestyle change, my husband and I are trying to make are home a more Christian home and I started trying to lose weight because I heard its suppose to really help. So I am so excited about becoming healthy!!!
    Ladies, may you all have amazing healthy pregnancies!!! Congrats!!!

Oh sorry if my post is slightly TMi for some, Im so use to typing on TTC boards!
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am newly pregnant (about 5 weeks). I have been on this site for a little bit now and I really like it. I am not so concerned about losing weight but I want to be sure and not gain too much! I am starting off about 30 pounds overweight.

I dropped out of a weight loss challenge I was in but still love this site and want to stay connected.

Greetings all. Any and all suggestions welcome and invited. I am nervous because this is my first baby in 17 years and I am 40 years old. I really want to connect with others for support and encouragement.
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I recently joined y'all on this thread. I am newly pregnant and just trying to maintain for now. I haven't had much luck with exercising due to a cold and extreme fatigue! I weighed in before I found out I was pg at 170 and am up now to 170.4...
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Confession time: I ordered a cheese pizza, garlic parmesan chicken wings, and garlic cheese bread last night! I ate it, it tasted amazing, and I didn't feel guilty about it at all!!!!

Now for the why: My husband just found out that he is being moved to 3rd shift until the end of August, possibly longer. He also goes to school for his MBA at night, so we figured out that from Sunday night when he leaves for work at 9pm, until Friday when I get home from work at 5, we will not actually see each other. This is a MAJOR blow to both of us. It also looks like it is going to be super hard to concieve, as looking at my fertile days, they are always falling on a Tuesday-Thursday.

We are both happy he has a good paying job, but I feel like this is just another pile of (you know what) thrown on top of us. I don't even feel like working out or trying to loose weight anymore, because...at this point...a baby is so far off. Sorry to vent, just needed to get this off my chest!

Good job on the weight loss girls! I am very happy for you....and Shelster - CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!!

It just sucks when life throws all of these little monkey wrenches into what we want!!! GRRRRRRRR. Hang in there! Don't give up. Just remember that you are making a lifestyle change with trying to lose weight and that when you do get pregnant you will be healthy for you and your baby. It will happen. You will get pregnant... just maybe not right now. :o) And don't worry about the pizza! I did the same thing about a week ago... I planned for it all day and kept my calories down during breakfast and lunch so that it didn't put me over. And... it was REALLY GOOD!!! :O)
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Sorry to hear about the tough news. BUT losing weight and being healthy has millions of benefits! If you continue on now when you guys are able to concieve you'll be ready. And on top of that it's a life style change! Which means if you get in the habit now of making good choices and getting in the habit of exercising, then when you are pregnant and after your baby it will be that much easier to keep the weight off and continue to be healthy ... and do I even need to bring up the benefits of being a good example for your child?! So don't give up hope yet, keep up the good work
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    welcome to the newcomers and the the new pregnancies!

imsoStarStruck: What methods have you used to try and conceive?
  • Genemarie
    Options
    what is TTC?
  • Genemarie
    Options
    :laugh: ohhh never mind I figured it out - trying to conceive
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    welcome to the newcomers and the the new pregnancies!

imsoStarStruck: What methods have you used to try and conceive?

Thanks for the welcome!!!
    Ive tried as much as I can TTC... I still have faith because I believe God has a plan :) Its a crazy process to go through, you think your doing every thing right and your a few days late and you think you experince early pregnancy signs, just to see that negative. Its very emotional. I told my husband that I am going to lose the weight because it would improve our chances, I would do ANYTHiNG for my future child, so losing a few pounds to me is something I can def do! It seems thats what I should have done waaaaaaaayyyyyy long time ago.
  • jalara
    Options
    I think I may have had a breakthrough....

When I was on here in September the weight didn't have many issues coming off. Then I stopped. And I thnk I just found out what I have been doing wrong this time around.

Ths time I've been following the calorie guideline and trying not to eat empty calories. I was measuring servings by what the packages say. In September I was measuring them according to the Canada Food Guide (Oh yes, by the way, I'm Canadian!)

So I think I will change that immediately. It may help. If not, heck, it can't be a bad thing anyway,

I'll be back at it on Tuesday, starting all over, brand new. And this time IT WILL STICK.

You know what FI did to help me through the rough patch? He got me What To Expect When Your Expecting. He said that I'm healthier, and for good reasons. He thought it might help to remind me of my motivations. And it does! I can't wait to be preggo! We've moved up the TTC from next June to this coming Christmas. So! I want to weigh 170 by Christmas. That's about 4.8 lbs per month. I can do this! I will do this! I'll be back on Tuesday!

:love:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Congrats Jalara on moving your TTC date up! How exciting! I'm reading through the what to expect book and it's really fun to learn all the in's and outs. haha, good luck with the new method I know you'll do great!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    ... such a quite week! I'm having a bit of cramping today, I think it's from dehydration nothing intense and no bleeding. Trying to drink more ...
  • jalara
    Options
    Back at it today!