Small NSV - I can squat!

Options
Hi everybody :) I'd never heard of non-scale victories before I joined here, but I love the idea. I think I finally have one I am proud of, even if I'm not totally there yet.

I have never, for as long as I can remember, been able to squat down. I'm not talking exercises, I mean literally squat down to get something off the floor or something like that. My knees just wouldn't go that way. Last night, I thought I would try, and I did it! I did ten in a row just to prove to myself that I could. It hurt and I had to use my hands to balance myself, but it was still very exciting for me :)

Replies

• tena1785
    Options
    that is an awesome nsv!!! great job
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how freeing it is to have that ability. Though I tend to do the "bend over on one foot" thing instead. Now that you can squat, it is now safe to travel in China where that is required for many of the restrooms if not most. hehe

Seriously though, way to go!
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm so glad I can now travel to China worry-free... :laugh:
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Grats! And by the way it is Japan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!