i'm new at this

Options
Hi everyone! i'm new at this and i'd like to loose 15 lbs by the time summertime and short season gets here!!! I am wondering if anyone has tried using Ali weight loss pills along with the exercise and healthy eating to loose weight? i wanted to get all the help i can. And being a full time busy mom and i work long hours its hard to find the time to work out and eat healthy and not just go home and drop in front of the tv and a tv dinner.....thanks for any advise.

Replies

• imcanadianangel
    imcanadianangel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am too new and welcome and I hope you reach your goal!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,931 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies! I have not tried Alli or anything like that so I'm not able to advise regarding that product. Good luck with your journey. Hang around here, log your food. You may just shock yourself. I know that's how I started. You can do this!
  • zmortis
    Options
    I am also relatively new to myfitnesspal, but I do have to say that looking for a miracle "quick fix" to take off the weight is not a healthy approach. You may well temporarily lose the pounds, but if you don't change your eating habits and life style the pounds will just come back on with a vengence. This site is a great tool for making a careful set of dietary and exercise choices to lose weight successfully without rebounding. It is going to take a commitment from yourself to yourself however. I also recommend a discussion with your doctor and/or a nutritionist before you make any drastic weight loss choices.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes, just log your foods / drink your water and concentrate on eating right - the way MFP is set up you should still lose weight even if you don't find the time at first to exercise. You can always work that in later on. :flowerforyou:

I too cannot advise on Alli - never tried it (it is amazing that I hadn't) but with all the monies I have fly out of my wallet for the different things out there I have yet to find anything that has worked as well as just utilizing this site! :bigsmile:

Good luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried Alli once...and I can't say that I would recommend it. Not only did I have some pretty gross side effects when I went just a few grams over my fat content once in a while, but I really didn't lose any weight. The recommended a calorie range for me that was simply just too high. In addition to that, they will even tell you on the packaging materials that you are likely to regain the weight when you stop taking it. Also, recently there have been warnings announced that it could possibly cause long-term liver damage. I'm glad I stopped taking it, because losing a few pounds isn't worth causing potentially permanent damage to my internal organs. No thanks. I'd advise you to just try it the old fashion way...make healthier choices with your diet, and try to increase your physical activity when you can.
  • stilettostace
    Options
    thanks for the adbvise i had read that yesterday so i'm going to try my hardest on here and just keep counting and walking away all the pounds tha ti can .
  • lovetodance
    Options
    Don't forget to measure, because if you exercise, sometimes the loss is in the size of your clothes. That is rewarding to see that change. Don't expect drastic results because those pounds usually come back just as quickly as they left. Slow progress is the best and most lasting. Be realistic about your goals and honest about your food intake and you WILL see a change.
    Good luck!