teenagers, say whatt??

Options
Louisianababy93
Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
What phrases do they say that bug you?

Mine is " That's Gucci"

what the heck does that even mean?? Last time i checked Gucci was a brand name!

Replies

• vlivengood
    Options
    To me it means "Outta my budget"
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    YOLO.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Make money, get *****es.

And yeah YOLO. I just want to punch someone every single time I hear it. And when I see it tattooed on someone, I want to punch the tattoo artist that did it.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    YOLO.

YESSS!! &they use that as an excuse now so they can all hook up with each other!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    YOLO and Swag. I hate teenagers.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    All of the above and "That's so dope" WTH????
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    The other day, Frank & Moon Unit Zappa's "Valley Girl" came on the radio. Which was kind of funny in 1982, but now except for "gag me with a spoon", which I don't think anyone actually ever said outside of a movie, it's like, uh, yeah Frank, that's how people talk, wtf is your problem?

Language changes - the next step after you start complaining about it is to start yelling for those dang punkers to get offa yer lawn.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Swag is annoying.

My son also like to speak as though he is a rap artist, which doesn't quite sound right coming from a 13 yr old white boy. Hubby warned him that if he's not careful, he'll get his *kitten* kicked.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    YOLO.

My kids hate yolo as well. (thank God)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    The other day, Frank & Moon Unit Zappa's "Valley Girl" came on the radio. Which was kind of funny in 1982, but now except for "gag me with a spoon", which I don't think anyone actually ever said outside of a movie, it's like, uh, yeah Frank, that's how people talk, wtf is your problem?

Language changes - the next step after you start complaining about it is to start yelling for those dang punkers to get offa yer lawn.

I *totally* said "gag me with a spoon!" We also used to say "Gag me with a green Twinkie" and other variations! :laugh:

And of course "freaky" and interspersing "like" several times in the same sentence. I have never seen that movie. I will have to see if it's on Netflix.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    There are too many to name, so I won't. Reminded me of when I was in HS, though. Graduated in 1972.

I used to end every sentence with Man. "That's cool, Man." "What do you want to do, Man?"

Drove my Dad crazy. One night at the dinner table, I ended a sentence with "Man" and he blew up!

Stood up and yelled "I'm not a Man, I'm your Father." I wanted to laugh, but didn't have a good Dental Plan.
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old sons favorite response to everything is "Because Im sexy" or "Im sexy and I know it" :explode: