A Little Inspiration to MOVE

Options
There are a lot of ways to get exercise throughout the day! Be that person on the stairs.

Ittqu.jpg

Replies

• jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like. :laugh:
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Awesome =D
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So Sad that it's true...look what we have become...:P
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo true...I do a subway/public transport commute, and people will wait in a line for the escalator when the stairs are wide open.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    At my boyfriend's condo building there is an elevator and stairs. He only lives on the second floor. The elevator was nice when he was moving furniture in, but since then we decided we were going to be "stair people." I see people waiting for the elevator to go up one floor ALL the time.
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit ridiculous doesn’t it? I'm that person that walks quickly on the "moving sidewalk" at the airport too. Kind of makes you feel like you’re a super fast power walking super hero! Kinda sucks when you get to the end though. :blushing:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I started taking the stairs. My office is on the fourth floor and I am up and down 3-4 times a day, plus the four flights at home four or more times a day. It was the only change I made, I was still eating the same and exercising the same, and my weight loss doubled. Coincidence? I think not.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Very true. Before we got all these "conveniences", we didn't have an obesity crisis. Now we use machines to carry us anywhere, and then pay money to go to the gym where we use other machines to help us lose weight :huh:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I started taking the stairs. My office is on the fourth floor and I am up and down 3-4 times a day, plus the four flights at home four or more times a day. It was the only change I made, I was still eating the same and exercising the same, and my weight loss doubled. Coincidence? I think not.

Catherine, that's so great! And that's a lot of stairs!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread yesterday and thought about it this morning when I got to my subway station near work. They have two up escalators that go from the platform to the turnstiles. One of the escalators was not working, and I saw so many people move over to the one that was operational. It's only about 20 steps so it's not like you have to exert THAT much effort going up.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    ha thats hilarious! People always look at my funny cause I take two stairs at a time or I run up them haha

~Leash :heart: