Ok what about FAT grams, do you have to eat all of those!

kbarn009
kbarn009 Posts: 17
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
They suggest on here that I have 44 grams of fat a DAY! I only get close to half bc I am so used to eating low fat foods! Are those numbers suggestions or what we need to do to make it work.

Replies

• No, you don't have to eat them - in fact, you can change your goal preferences. Choose the "My Home" tab and then in the secondary menu bar, choose goals. Click on the green button for "Change Goals." Select the "custom goals" option and set your own ratio preferences for fat, carbs, etc. A note about fat - we need healthy fats, like those that come from avocados, olive oil, nuts and seeds. Recent research on weight loss has found that people actually eat less and lose more weight when they ARE eating healthy fats and ARE NOT eating a low-fat diet (you feel more sated, get better nutrition, etc. - for instance your body cannot make use of all of the nutrients in a salad unless you eat it with some fat)... The Real Age folks recommend eating a little fat before each meal to slow down carbohydrate (specifically sugar) metabolism... To learn more, try the "Real Age" website:

http://www.realage.com/eat-smart/food-and-nutrition/unsaturated-fats-unhealthy-kinds-types

http://www.realage.com/tips/5-foods-that-boost-weight-loss

Best,
    Shivaun
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    I wouldn't be afraid of fat though.. try to supplement the remaining with GOOD fats! I usually get mine from nuts and seeds.

Good fats have been shown to help burn bad ones!
  • So like what kind of fats with salads are you referring to? I eat ALOT of salads for meals.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Hmmm.. i throw in walnuts or sesame seeds, EVOO/Balsamic (EVOO is good for you)

A stawberry/almond slice/raspberry vinaigrette spinich salad is tasty...

I mostly try to get at least 1oz of some form of nut a day minimum!
This discussion has been closed.