Stretch Marks

Options
What do you do to minimize stretch marks during weight loss? I realize that they're unavoidable, and the fact that I do work to maintain a slight tan makes them stand out more, but I want to know what else I should be doing to keep them to a minimum? I can already see A LOT of stretch marks, but I've always had them from my weight yo-yoing so much over the years. I know dropping a lot of weight very quickly is a big contributor to them, but what else? Are there lotions or creams that do help, or am I just being sold a dream product?

Replies

• jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Get a body oil and use it each day when you get out the shower
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I think genetics plays a big part but these are the things I heard could help

1. Don't lose too quickly
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Lotion or oil such a Palmers every day
    4. Time - they fade over time
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    not much to do. i use bio oil (from when I was pregnant), time, water, and eating healthly.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You can't do anything. My water intake has been phenomenal for years now, I rarely drink anything else. I moisturize like a lotion/bio oil addict. My stretch marks are still sparkling in the sunlight.

I've gotten used to them. I really don't care anymore.
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    Dry skin brushing! Google it, it is amazing! I've been doing it for a little over 3 months now and have seen a marked improvement not only in stretch marks but also with spider veins, cellulite, and just the overall health and appearance of my skin! The brushes themselves are relitively inexpensive too!

Obviously there's nothing that will get rid of any of that completely, but I recommend looking into dry skin brushing.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    bee venom cream
  • lilac_meddow
    Options
    What do you do to minimize stretch marks during weight loss? I realize that they're unavoidable, and the fact that I do work to maintain a slight tan makes them stand out more, but I want to know what else I should be doing to keep them to a minimum? I can already see A LOT of stretch marks, but I've always had them from my weight yo-yoing so much over the years. I know dropping a lot of weight very quickly is a big contributor to them, but what else? Are there lotions or creams that do help, or am I just being sold a dream product?

First off those aren't stretch marks... they are your tiger stripes... Because you are fierce :-P But I did read on here somewhere that Arbonne Re9 Advanced Firming Body cream works well. I bought some from my cousin since she sells that stuff but I haven't been very good about using it.

In case you'd like to try it --> Melissalafontaine.myarbonne.ca
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Dry skin brushing! Google it, it is amazing! I've been doing it for a little over 3 months now and have seen a marked improvement not only in stretch marks but also with spider veins, cellulite, and just the overall health and appearance of my skin! The brushes themselves are relitively inexpensive too!

Obviously there's nothing that will get rid of any of that completely, but I recommend looking into dry skin brushing.

I used to do that, its totally awesome but very time consuming. I think my twin uses the brush on her hair now.
  • princessnellie0629
    Options
    I've used two products after I got breast implants..and both worked so well you can't even see any marks now! I was putting it on both morning and night!

Mederma stretch mark cream ( sold at drug stores for like $30-40 I think)

Stri-vectin SD stretch mark treatment- REALLY expensive if you pay full price (so don't!) but you can get it for like 20-40 on ebay or sometimes you can find it at stores like ross, marshals, TJ maxx..

Good luck!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Mi lower belly is covered with them...... And I don't anything can make them go away. Now if you don't have any and want to prevent I heard bio oil, vitamin c and mederma are really good for that.
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options

First off those aren't stretch marks... they are your tiger stripes... Because you are fierce :-P But I did read on here somewhere that Arbonne Re9 Advanced Firming Body cream works well. I bought some from my cousin since she sells that stuff but I haven't been very good about using it.

In case you'd like to try it --> Melissalafontaine.myarbonne.ca

I call mine tiger marks...or badges of honour.I have a lot of stretch marks from weight gain and being pregnant over 20 years ago.I dont have a problem with them at all.To me they are a sign of a life lived.Most men and women have them.They fade over time but they will never go away.Learn to live with them,they are part of who you are xxx
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    LOTS of coconut butter lotion , it helps ALOT
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Off topic, I just realized you are on 3FC as well. You are amazing by the way, huge inspiration to me!

And I will look that up, sounds like something worth doing for sure!
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like the post about tiger stripes but girlfriend they are here to stay. THEY may fade or get darker but will never completely go.Good luck with this one.
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've had stretchmarks since i was in like junior high, due to weight gain, most of those have faded away and you can faintly see them, but the ones on my stomach from my two bundles of joy, lol are still here and thats been what 13 years ago, and that was always the place i never had the, im use to them over time. So i just look at it like they are here to stay, but if anyone else has any good things that worked let me know and i never heard about the dry brushing i will have to look that up.
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Palmers cocoa butter formal. I am using it 3 times a day and losing slowly.
  • MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is a laser treatment called fraxel trhat works,,,,but that is lots of moolah $$. Not sure if that is what your trying to do, but it works!