Water consumption

Options
Hi

I was wondering how much water you are supposed to consume in one day.

Is there a specific amount? in litres/ml?

Replies

• hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The recommended amount is 8 cups...so that would be 1920mL =]
  • safiresp04
    Options
    It's recommended that you get at least 8 8oz glasses of water each day.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Men=3L/day
    Women=2.2L/day

Good article too.
  • MandyGalaviz
    Options
    i never drink water :( ...it just doesnt taste good to me...i started drinking SOBE 0calorie drinks...do u have that there?
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    i never drink water :( ...it just doesnt taste good to me...i started drinking SOBE 0calorie drinks...do u have that there?

I haven't heard of it, I'll check next time I go shopping =]
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I've heard 8 glasses, and then I've heard 1 ounce for every 2 pounds you weigh, and everything in between. Common sense would dictate that a 400 lb. person should be drinking more than a 100 lb. person.

I'm 156 lbs. and I drink about 80 ounces (10 glasses) a day.
  • Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    I drink water, but put crystal light in it, i can't just drink regular water...it was said to drink 8 glasses a day, that is too much for me though...i also like to drink vitamin water, that stuff is good too.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Eight cups (around 2L) is the standard answer for that question. I'd say keep it simple. Drink water when you're thirsty, don't force yourself to drink too much if it makes you feel bloated or gross. I probably average 1.5L in a day, more if I've exercised a lot that day. Also, if I'm craving a snack, but don't have room for it in my calories, I drink a cup of water. Most of the time it helps. :)