Herbalife

Options
Has any one ever done the herbalife diet?
I've only been doing it for 5 days and have been doing it exactly as you are supposed to.

I got to the gym 5/6 times a week and my job involves a lot of walking (up to 7 hours of walking at a time)
but i'm just living off the herbalife diet.
I thought the lbs would come off so easily but it's having the opposite effect.

Replies

• Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. Eat healthy, drink water and exercise. Create a 500 calorie deficit each day and you're on target to lose 1lb a week.
  • SinCityFit
    Options
    I haven't, but honestly, all you need is real food. I try to stay off as many supplements as possible. I'm a triathlete and post-workout I've started doing either a chocolate milk or two Greek yogurts, no shakes or stuff like that. The ONLY time I use "supplements" are Perpetuem when I bike over 40 miles as you need liquid calories (it's an endurance energy drink) and gels (Gu, PowerBar, etc.) when I want to lay off the PB sandwhiches on the bike and for when I'm running long distances. Pre-workout it's chicken and brown rice 2 hours prior and maybe a fruit 20 minutes prior.

Food, it's good for you :)
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    I had a friend who did herbal life, she got results, however she did not workout. My thoughts are that maybe you don't have enough caloric intake for the amount of calories your burn. Be careful though, as soon as she stopped Herbal life, she put all the weight back on and then some. I tried it out, couldn't bring myself to drink that stuff!!
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nah give that up. as skinny as you are already herbalife wont work for you. If you are going to the gym that often try for toning nad yoga instead. You will create definition more than losing weight.. Try protein whey shakes. Herbalife is too expensive and leave you carb starved in the end. Try some Keto-7 with jump starting metabolism foods. Also right when you wake up drink 4 8 oz cups of watwer before ANYTHING. Ask a trainer becuase By the look of you picture your 7 lbs you want to lose is muscle. Not a good thing to lose. You already look great anyway :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Herbalife only works because most people who use it are very overweight and just the diet alone would peel weight off them. There's no secret to the supplements other than lightening your wallet.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Yes I've done it. Even signed up with them.

And I lost more eating real food, and making healthy choices than I did having the shakes.

Occassionally i may still have one if I have no time for breakfast, but tend to stick to real food
  • gzmacc
    gzmacc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've seen some people who have had results... Although I'm not sure about the quality of the products, they have had a few law suits.. I'm on a shaklee cinch diet, which uses shakes and bars, but teaches you how to maintain it once you are at your goal weight. If it doesn't seem like it's working try something else.
  • annehart00
    Options
    I used to drink herbalife shakes when I needed nutrients on the run or I knew I was eating a heavier meal sometime during the day. I think herbalife is one of the better tasting shakes and it packs a nutritional punch. However, I agree with the other posters that diets don't work and most of your calories should come from real food. Currently, I use Vegeone - which is pretty tasty with almond milk.
  • clew77
    clew77 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your replies. I think it's safe to say that I will be ditching the herbalife. A bit gutted because it did cost a lot so that will be money wasted but I really want to lose 7lb.

As for my calorie intake, i know that i am no where near my calorie intake each day lately. i struggle to eat 1400 a day let alone burning off a few hundred through exercise.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    Just to let you know, I've lost 56 pounds on Herbalife. The shakes are a good tool, but not the magic bullet. I've won the weight loss challenge in my group twice in a row. I use the shakes for their protein, ease and convenience. They are packed nutrition wise and cost much less than junk food and being fat! I feel better on them than off and they curb my cravings.

That being said, I do add some carbs into my mornings and afternoons. I eat food too, very nutritional clean eating. If the shakes don't work for you, then they don't work for you. Everybody is different. I find that I do much better meal planning only one meal a day. It gives me more control. Frankly, I plan to stay with this program even in maintenance.

Judging by your picture, you are too think to be needing weight loss shakes, which is probably why they aren't working for you.
  • clew77
    clew77 Posts: 34
    Options
    Just to let you know, I've lost 56 pounds on Herbalife. The shakes are a good tool, but not the magic bullet. I've won the weight loss challenge in my group twice in a row. I use the shakes for their protein, ease and convenience. They are packed nutrition wise and cost much less than junk food and being fat! I feel better on them than off and they curb my cravings.

That being said, I do add some carbs into my mornings and afternoons. I eat food too, very nutritional clean eating. If the shakes don't work for you, then they don't work for you. Everybody is different. I find that I do much better meal planning only one meal a day. It gives me more control. Frankly, I plan to stay with this program even in maintenance.

Judging by your picture, you are too think to be needing weight loss shakes, which is probably why they aren't working for you.

That is amazing well done :)
    I'm going to just use my shake now if i'm in a rush and haven't got time for food, then that way at least i'm having something.
  • cgonz2sh
    Options
    I started Herbalife 4 weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds. I am on 1300 calories a day. I love this program!!! I still eat like a normal person but my nutritional classes have taught me to make wiser choices. I dont know if there are different types of programs but I am able to have a meal, 2 to 3 snacks and 2 shakes. I have lots of energy and never hungry. Of course you will gaine the weight back if you stop eating healthy and eat more than your alloted calories... the shakes arent the answer. Proper nutrition and healthy choices is what will help you maintain your weight.

I did find it hard at first to consume all the protein i needed for the day but i learned quick what types of foods packed the most protein. I would recomend it to anyone. I will be on it through my maintenance stage...

Good look to all.
  • annehart00
    Options
    If you're struggling to meet your calories (and really can't eat them) then drink the herbalife as a supplement. I just personally wouldn't recommend using the shakes as a way of avoiding real food or dropping your calories too low.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife products (shakes mostly) and they've been amazing for me. The best thing about them is the nutritional value in them. They helped me lose 23 pounds before I started MFP. It is costly, but I know I'll continue using them as my body was evidently missing something. I noticed a major decrease in my fibromyalgia pain after being on the products for only 3 weeks.

But, as other posters pointed out, I believe you are too thin already for them to do you much good as far as weight loss goes. If you want to drink the shakes for the nutritional value, that's great, but I wouldn't use them for weight loss. You've done great there already!!
  • DJJoeWee
    Options
    I started Herbalife 4 weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds. I am on 1300 calories a day. I love this program!!! I still eat like a normal person but my nutritional classes have taught me to make wiser choices. I dont know if there are different types of programs but I am able to have a meal, 2 to 3 snacks and 2 shakes. I have lots of energy and never hungry. Of course you will gaine the weight back if you stop eating healthy and eat more than your alloted calories... the shakes arent the answer. Proper nutrition and healthy choices is what will help you maintain your weight.

I did find it hard at first to consume all the protein i needed for the day but i learned quick what types of foods packed the most protein. I would recomend it to anyone. I will be on it through my maintenance stage...

Good look to all.

Very well put...
  • DJJoeWee
    Options
    I use Herbalife products (shakes mostly) and they've been amazing for me. The best thing about them is the nutritional value in them. They helped me lose 23 pounds before I started MFP. It is costly, but I know I'll continue using them as my body was evidently missing something. I noticed a major decrease in my fibromyalgia pain after being on the products for only 3 weeks.

But, as other posters pointed out, I believe you are too thin already for them to do you much good as far as weight loss goes. If you want to drink the shakes for the nutritional value, that's great, but I wouldn't use them for weight loss. You've done great there already!!

Costly?
    Could anyone here amuse me how they can eat/consume 2 meals for less with the same nutrition for less?, even if the program was $250.00 a month?

No chance...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Costly?
    Could anyone here amuse me how they can eat/consume 2 meals for less with the same nutrition for less?, even if the program was $250.00 a month?

No chance...

And do you sell it?