What 365 Days of MFP has done for me?

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
So today is my 365th day on MFP of non stop logging. A secret, I set my internet browser homepage to MFP lol.

Anyways, I did start here at my heaviest weight but when I found out I was pregnant I quit logging, lost my access didn't feel like going through the steps so made a new account.

Height: 5'3
Start weight: 250 lbs

This is the start of MFP very first account!

New account and 1 year logging start weight: 205.5lbs I lost 70 lbs when I was pregnant due to Gestational Diabetes. I was diagnosed in my first trimester. When I found out I was pregnant I was already at my heaviest weight and was sure I was going to be over 300 pounds when I had her. So the Gestational Diabetes was a true blessing.

So I lost the 70lbs but after I had her life of a new mom got in my way and I gained 25.5 pounds back. I remember beating myself up. I was told "Chill, you had a baby, you eat what you can when you can and sleep when you can. It happens!" True but I still know that there are things I could have done. So I remembered about MFP, came on and started logging but not all the time. By September 22nd I had pretty much got to a point where I finally admitted I hated myself. I screamed at myself in the mirror and told myself I was fat and ugly and I hated me. My marriage was rocky because basically I had no love for myself, I basically was a vessel just letting life pass me by, I had no hope, no desires, no dreams anymore. I just let myself go. I figured that this was it and I was stuck at where I was forever and I felt like I could do nothing about it. Honestly I didn't think I could do anything about it because I thought I could never turn food down. Let me rephrase that, I thought I could never turn down my favorite foods. I thought watching how many calories I took in was just to much work and thought I did not want to waste my life on it. Well I had a friend tell me about a weight loss clinic she started going to. I looked into it, the price was decent, so I decided I'd try it.

I went in my first visit, he told me that while losing weight is a must since I was morbidly obese, he also wanted me to focus more on the measuring tape and lose inches because we don't want to sag. I knew right then I was in good hands. Now when I first started seeing him I also started getting a b12 shot, they asked me if I wanted hcg in it but I know HCG is a hormone and refuse it, I refuse to put hormones in my already hormonal body, I don't care what it does, I am ok with vitamins but I could do without the hormones I already naturally put off lol. He also gave me a script for adipex, (appetite suppressant) I hated how they made me feel so I quit taking them, I took them a week maybe 2 weeks? I said that if I can't lose the weight without a pill then I will be fat cus I can't do with how that made me feel. I am not much a fan of pills anyway. I told him after that I did not like that and I do not need a script, I am only there for support and the b12 shot. At the time I was not getting support from home. I also have a friend who i then found out is a nurse there. She also helps me out a lot even still with things if I have questions. Yes the first week I dropped 10 pounds, I'm sure the first week was mostly water weight. I still go see him after a year, just because he has helped me so much and I don't know, I guess it's like MFP, it becomes just apart of life. I mainly go for my weekly weigh in and the monthly measurements. I still get the b12 shot, I have noticed if I go a week or longer without going in, my body is very tired and sluggish, my hair begins to fall out, if its around my monthly, my periods are horrid!!! But I lack of have lacked b12 in my body.

Anyways, So after a year I have gone from a size 20 US Jeans in plus sized women to a size 3/4 Juniors pants I can wear a few 2's but not many. I was in denial for the longest time that I was in a 3/4. My 5/6's were falling off me and I thought I just lost my butt lol. However when my belt wouldn't keep them up, I tried on 3/4's and yup, they fit me. Some may ask, why do you shop in juniors? Because I like the fit better. Plus they are a bit cheaper. I bought a pair of express jeans the other day and they were also a 3/4 and they are my favorite pair of jeans. I do a lot of Goodwill shopping. As of today I have 8 pounds to go to hit my ultimate goal weight. After I hit my goal I will be re-assessing my goals. I would like to gain 10-15 pounds back with muscle. My way of eating will be totally cleaned up as well. I'll admit, I don't always eat the most healthiest of foods, in fact I have days sometimes weeks where it seems all I eat is junk. I know that, that is not good. Which is why I'm working a little at a time to fix things. I do not plan on ever to stop logging my calories.

Anyways here are my photo's. I'm sure most have seen them a lot around here. I took some new one's a few days ago.

Halloween 2009 - 250 lbs

250.jpg

Halloween 2010 - 200 lbs maybe? (I was pregnant)

halloween.jpg

September 22, 2011 - 205.5 lbs

205.jpg

A belly photo. About 180 lbs

sst.jpg

Now! I took this yesterday!!! 130 lbs (128 lbs as of today but rounding it off)

DSCF8701.jpg

Me wearing my newest pair of jeans and a cute camo top I just got.

DSCF8550.jpg

Totally loving my new sweaters :)

DSCF8534.jpg

Might be my halloween costume (librarian)

DSCF8523.jpg

This was taken last night, I was about to head to work. I love my new work tops :D. And if I go as the Librarian I'd totally wear my hair like this with my glasses.

DSCF8821.jpg

Then the other night I decided to see how this worked out, but I still want to get my son in the other leg with me...

pants.jpg

And lastly! 1 face many different looks.

facech.jpg

Yup that's my story!!!

Replies

• LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    And, what an inspiring story it is!!!

Awesome!!! It's an amazing transformation! You should be very proud of yourself!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your loss.
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    congrats!!!::drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good job! I so admire your dedication and change for the good! Keep it up!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!
    Such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC! congratulations :)
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wew very inspirational. I wanted to get down to 135.. im 5'2 wasnt sure what i would look like skinny... after being over weight for this long but you look awesome.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great story! Good for you!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Melissa, you are a great inspiration to people who think they can't do it! You always have such positive things to say and I look forward to your updates! Congrats on hitting the 120s! must feel great!
  • fitnesskirsty
    Options
    Wow, good job. It's nice to see your stomach become so flat!!! I have a mummy tummy like that and am still in the process of losing weight and wondered if it could ever be flat... great inspiration, thank you
  • AuntieBlues
    AuntieBlues Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're a lovey lady, regardless of size--but well done, well done!!!! Your story & pix are VERY inspiring--you're just TEENSY now!!!
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    Great job looking great and looking beautiful! be very proud!!
  • Terree83
    Options
    That is beyond amazing! Congratulations to you!! :)
  • monnyq
    monnyq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very motivating!!!
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look amazing - totally inspirational
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    really amazing job! I would love to friend you! I need your stick to it ness...
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Your hard work and dedication inspires me. Thanks so much for sharing! Good luck with the rest of your goals!
  • Jadesha
    Jadesha Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow 135 is my goal weight & I was wondering if I would look to skinny as a mom of 3 but you look fantastic!!!! Thanks for the inspiration & keep up the good work :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!