Help With Cheeseburger Behavior

Options
Sorry for the double posting under food. :embarassed:

Last night I went to dinner and had all my calories planned.
Did great except when we all went to another place afterward and I ordered a drink
which OF COURSE happened to be 2 for 1 so I DRANK BOTH. Which lead to my breakdown in willpower and a trip through Wendy's drive thru with my not so healthy or helpful partner. He got me a .99 cheeseburger which OF COURSE I ate. Now I have to figure out how many calories this circus cost me and work it off today. Confession over...time to kick my own butt!

Any suggestions on reasonable punishments for cheeseburger behavior would be appreciated !!
:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
~Namaste

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Did great except when we all went to another place afterward and I ordered a drink
    which OF COURSE happened to be 2 for 1 so I DRANK BOTH. Which lead to my breakdown in willpower and a trip through Wendy's drive thru with my not so healthy or helpful partner. He got me a .99 cheeseburger which OF COURSE I ate. Now I have to figure out how many calories this circus cost me and work it off today. Confession over...time to kick my own butt!

Any suggestions on reasonable punishments for cheeseburger behavior would be appreciated !!
    ~Namaste
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    It's so common to everyone that Jimmy Buffett wrote a song about it you know! I love cheeseburgers!!! :love: With bacon!!! :love:

I know, I'm probably not helping, am I? Well, think of it this way--the .99 cent burger can't be toooo bad because it's so small. And next time, throw the bun away and just eat the meat and cheese. That will still have lots of fat and sodium but as Buffett says, they're worth every bit of sacrifice!!!!

I haven't had a cheeseburger in 2 months :cry:

"Tried to amend my carnivorous habits.
    Made it nearly seventy days,
    Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds,
    Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays.

But at night I'd have these wonderful dreams
    Some kind of sensuous treat.
    Not zucchini, fettuccini, or bulgur wheat,
    But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat.

Cheeseburger is paradise.
    Heaven on earth with an onion slice.
    Not too particular, not too precise.
    I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
    Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.
    Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.
    Well, good God Almighty, which way do I steer
    For my cheeseburger in paradise.

Heard about the old time sailor men,
    They eat the same thing again and again;
    Warm beer and bread they say could raise the dead.
    Well, it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.

But times have changed for sailors these days.
    When I'm in port I get what I need;
    Not just Havanas or banana or daiquiris,
    But that American creation on which I feed!

Cheeseburger is paradise medium rare with mustard'd be nice
    Not too particular, not too precise
    I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
    Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
    Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer
    Well, good god Almighty which way do I steer

For a cheeseburger in paradise
    Makin' the best of every virtue and vice.
    Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
    To get a cheeseburger in paradise;
    To be a cheeseburger in paradise.
    I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise. "
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Thanks shore rider for a good laugh...does laughing burn calories? :wink:

Gotta go do my yoga and walk...far VERY FAR I think.

BB at 9:30

I will total up my cals over then face the music.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The 99-cent cheeseburger isn't the worst item you could get. When all is said and done, you didn't do much damage. But that's partly a matter of luck. What would have happened if your partner gave you a triple bacon cheeseburger?

When we drink, we're more likely to eat more for two reason: 1) we lose our inhibitions and 2) food can keep the alcohol from making us sick.

If you know you'll lose control at place #2, call it a night after place #1. Or suggest a second act for the night that doesn't involve eating - maybe a movie or doing something at home. Decide what you care about more: losing weight, or keeping the night out going as long as possible.

There's no need to punish yourself. Just recognize the decisions you made throughout the evening, and set up an breakpoint to try the next time - i.e. try going home after dinner, or go somewhere that doesn't serve alcohol and food when you've already eaten.

Good luck,
    YP
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    laughing at the Jimmy Buffet Song

I have been to a few Margaritaville's and I ate more than cheeseburgers.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options

~Namaste

First, no need to talk down and "punish" yourself :(:(

Second, tell your not so helpful partner that he's not only being not helpful, but disrespectful. Take him aside today and tell him very gently that it made you feel bad when he wasn't supportive and could he please refrain from that in the future?

If thou must eat cheeseburgers, junk the bun. The protein in the meat fills you up the most anyway and the bun is what usually makes you feel sluggish. Do without the mayo. Go easy on your ketsup. DONT get fries.

:P

And never think you need to "eat" your deal by drinking the 2 for 1 beacuse all you're doing is drinking twice the calories for the price of one. :)

better luck next time. :tongue:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    No, do not punish yourself... this is cause for celebration! A great excuse to look at:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/about/

Scroll down until you see pictures. Laughter is better than punishment because it works the abs and is more fun.
    When we drink, we're more likely to eat more for two reason: 1) we lose our inhibitions and 2) food can keep the alcohol from making us sick.

Also, just to add to that, alcohol causes your blood sugar to drop, which tells your brain to make you EAT SOMETHING, NOW!!!! Especially if it's high in calories. You were merely the victim of a properly-functioning body, not of a breakdown in willpower.
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    I am soooo grateful for all of your great insight, suggestions, and humor :laugh:

I totaled up the whole shabang (cheeseburger and drinks) 714 cals + !!!!!
    I'm not even sure that included the mayo :sad:

I am so glad I posted...I wasn't going to originally because I felt ashamed.

So there it is....and here I am now...changing for the better,

Thanks for the great support! :blushing:

~Namaste
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    laughing at the Jimmy Buffet Song

I have been to a few Margaritaville's and I ate more than cheeseburgers.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

In my younger, wilder days, I did too!

"Fins to the left...fins to the right!!"

We have even been to his restaurant in Key West about 15 years ago--had a Cheeseburger in Paradise...yummy!