Any Texans out there?

Options
What keeps you motivated? I'd like to hear your success stories!

Replies

• mean_tail
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tina living in San Antonio, how about yourself?
  • Papadragonb
    Papadragonb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Shawn here, from Kaufman. I made the commitment to do this when I found out I am to be a Grandpa.
  • Monalisa85
    Monalisa85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin and what keeps me motivated is that I want to see my grandchildren's children grow up when the time comes. I want to be a blessing and not a burden to my loved ones. Giving up is NOT an option!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Houston here! There are also a few Texas groups if you search the Groups tab.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Julie and live in McKinney (DFW area). I started getting healthy at 40 because I was literally tired of being sick and tired. I wanted to have energy to have a social life - plus it scared me when I walked up one flight of stairs and had to actually stop and stand still so my heart would quit racing and I could catch my breath. What keeps me motivated is the way I feel now!!!
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to live in TX. :) Mineola, TX
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Here representing Southeast Texas!!! Beaumont - Port Arthur - Orange area... motivation, hm.... the fact that I know that a month from now, even though I can't see all the small changes, they add up like grains of sand. It will happen. I will do it. No matter what anyone says or thinks or wishes for me... and no matter how often people try to, knowingly or unknowingly, sabotage me. This is all about me and there's not a damn thing wrong with that!

Can I get an Amen?

Feel free to send FRs also.... no message necessary!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Ashley from Houston. The scale read 383lbs several years ago, I was 21 years old and pre-diabetic! That should be enough for anyone to want to make a change! I stay motivated by buying clothes that fit me now - proud to say that I'm no longer plus-sized :)
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hi im jenni i live in Fort Worth Area. :)

i lost 70 lbs 2 yrs ago and kept it off...in may of last year i moved to texas (where every things bigger...like my waist! :0 ) and i gained 45 lbs...that motivated me. along with my all my skinnier clothes i have packed away in the closet ha. Good luck!
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Houstonian here ... and motivation? There's a lot of good eating here. How can I resist?
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    I'm in Austin. The pretty scenery definitely keeps me motivated on my walks.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    What keeps you motivated? I'd like to hear your success stories!

DFW area here! I started the journey in May after seeing a pic of myself that made me gag! That was enough for me.
  • Mandy86orta
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from Corpus Christi :) My 16 month old son keeps me motivated! I would love the "looking good" part of losing this weight BUT what drives is him....I'm doing this to be healthy for his sake. I don't want my life cut short by my poor food choices and obesity when I could easily get healthy and live a long happy life watching him grow and live his own :)
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Copperas Cove here (Ft Hood area). My motivation...I don't plan on staying single and since I know I need to love myself before anyone else can I decided to love a me (trying) to be as healthy as I can be.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm in Allen, Tx, and lived here for two years after moving from Louisiana. I was a skinny wimp as a kid and unable to play my favorite sports. I hated not being able to fully enjoy my childhood so I started eating more (better) and lifted weights in my Junior year of high school. However, it wasn't until college when I fine-tuned everything and really transformed my physique.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Denton, Texas here. I joined May 2011 here in MFP but really didn't get serious until August this year. Mother of two. Welcome to MFP!
  • banks89202
    Options
    Live in Texas but I'm from SC.....I hate texarkana and can't wait to go back to SC!!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Just north of Houston here. What keeps me motivated is the way I FEEL now. I have a tremendous amount of energy, and feel like I have gotten my life back. That and the fact that I want to stay healthy and active well into old age...
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm in Lewisville! Howdy howdy! What keeps me motivated? Seeing the results and knowing I CAN do this. Being able to do things I couldn't before. I thrive on that.
  • hippietrailbadass
    Options
    Wylie, Texas here. I learned a simple truth: the human body is designed for famine, not surplus. After I learned that, I was motivated to live like a human, not an American. I'm not perfect, but I think it's important to understand exactly how the human body is designed and how exercise/food affect it.