Walk It Out calories burned accuracy?

Options
Hi all -
I just started using the Wii Walk It Out game and LOVE IT! However, I was wondering if anyone knew or had a good guess about the accuracy of the calories burned that the game reports. I can easily do this game for an hour, walking in place the entire time, but whe it says I burned like 450 calories that seems high to me. I know that calories burned is based off your weight and height. I am about 15 pounds over my ideal weight (ideal meaning what is a heathly ideal weight - not the ideal weight I have in my head). I stick to a 1200 calorie a day diet, but of course eat more when I am working out. I just don't want to overeat OR undereat when I factor iin the calories burned from Walk It Out. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks.

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    WELCOME:flowerforyou:
    I love it, but I don't have a hrm. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I never count the calorie I burn on my Wii games. I think of them as just a little plus. I count my steps on my Fitbit and my hour aqua class.
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    I read a post yesterday or the day before where people were questioning this so they used there hrm with it and they said to their surprise it was wrong....in actual fact they said the wii was actually showing a lot less than the hrm.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have it as well. But I use my heart rate monitor to track calories burned.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just as a follow up... I got a pedometer and while the step count is off on WIO, the calories burned are pretty close to what the pedometer is saying I burned. So good to know!
  • lynn_1972
    lynn_1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have this game and haven't used it in maybe 2 yrs,was just thinking maybe I should so I can push myself to do at least 5000 steps a day work up to 10k,I have a treadmill and find it to boring,plus with the pain I have in my hip I find walking really hard if in one place...with the game I can walk in circles even into another room makes it alot less boring...I'm going to try after and just see if maybe my fitbit will show it burning the right calories....here's to hoping it does!!