Any Texans out there?

Options

Replies

• GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    LoneStar here:happy:
    Because everything from Texas is bigger and better!! That's enough to keep me movin!!!

Besides they say the harder you work, the weaker HIS knees get.. if you're single like me that should do it! :flowerforyou:
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Jasper Texas(East Texas)

I started MFP on Aug. 4th 2012. My size 38 pants were getting tight. I started MFP and a week later started CF. I am down 19 lbs(as of last thursday) and put on my size 35 pants Sunday. What keeps me motivated?-I am not getting any younger. Since I've started CF it's kind of addicting. If I miss a workout on a workout day(I have 2 off days Wed.&Sun.), I get irritable.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Wylie, Texas here. I learned a simple truth: the human body is designed for famine, not surplus. After I learned that, I was motivated to live like a human, not an American. I'm not perfect, but I think it's important to understand exactly how the human body is designed and how exercise/food affect it.

Just wanted to say that is the coolest tattoo!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Houston/Cypress texas here. :)

Went from skinny fat to fit-(ish). I'm working on it! :)
  • hippietrailbadass
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you! It was a big accomplishment. Are you a runner?
  • Mandy86orta
    Options
    Lol I :heart: that!! "The harder you work, the weaker his knees get" :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • tizachary
    Options
    Theresa from Taylor. My last physical, I had turned 40, wasn't the greatest so I knew I needed to do something now before I have even bigger problems.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thank you! It was a big accomplishment. Are you a runner?
    [/quote]

I was getting into it before. Then stopped, gained some of my weight back and haven't started up again yet. Hopefully one day I can call myself a runner!
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    San Antonio here. What keeps me motivated is my health and my long term plan to eventually move to Italy one day. There's a lot of walking you have to do over there and I need to be able to do it whenever I get there!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Dallas, Tx here. Over the last 2.5 or so years, I've lost 45lbs and began running. I'm now training for a 50k race (in 7 wks!!)
  • NicholeMann
    Options
    Nichole here in Cleveland, TX. I left the US Marine Corps a year ago in September, right around the time I had my fourth baby. Being a Marine and a mom of four helps keep me motivated, although I do need help because I'm still trying to lose the last 20 pounds of baby weight from my last one.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Hi, I live outside of Austin. What keeps me motivated is my stepson is getting married in May 2013 and my husband's ex-wife will be there and I want to look smokin' hot next to her. LOL. Well, that and for health reasons of course.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I reside in Spring Texas a suburb of Houston.

I'm motivated to be healthy, strong, have energy, maintain a zest for life, and looking better just happens to be one of the side benefits, but not the driving force.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    El Paso, Texas here!

I am motivated because I just started this process to lose weight and get in shape and I start on my MBA in January. By the time I get my MBA I plan on being in shape and ready to excel in the business world.
  • psykitten
    psykitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ft Worth here. Hiya!
  • Nicole_10
    Options
    Forney, Tx here!!!! Just had a baby...have some major baby weight to get rid of!!! :) I lost 50 pounds right before we found out about the pregnancy...I am back to get it off and keep it off!!! Good luck everyone!!!
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    displaced Texan - from Kilgore originally

Missed my last agility test for a FD by 1 second. Decided its time to get back in shape!
  • hippietrailbadass
    Options
    Dallas, Tx here. Over the last 2.5 or so years, I've lost 45lbs and began running. I'm now training for a 50k race (in 7 wks!!)

Ooo are you doing the Isle du Bois? My wife is doing the 50K.
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Houston area here.

I just hit my 30's and with wanting to go back to school and working shift work I was in need of more energy and stamina. In order to accomplish those things I knew I had to get my diet and body back on track.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Arlington, TX

i had lost 40lbs in 2010-2011 winter (if Texas really has a "winter") but had gained half of it back. I was challenged in a recent Dr's visit to go at it again. im going to show the Doc (and myself) that i can do it again!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)