Need support on the road to be Bigger, Leaner, Stronger

Options
Hey everyone! I'm been on here for about 2 week and haven't really posted much. I figure I would give this a whirl!

For 20 years, I was fat. There's really no other way to look at it. From the time I was 8 years old I had an affinity for food and just couldn't get enough. I was never "obese" or in danger of having a heart attack, but I was definitely NOT healthy. At one point (Spring 2011) I was tipping the scales at 242lbs @ 5ft 7inches.... thats when I started eating a little better. I dropped some weight but put almost all of it right back on.... I knew I needed to make a BIG change in my habits in order to see some serious results.

I know it sounds corny, but this started out as a New Year's resolution.

January 1 - I weighed 232 lbs and started WW. I counted points and began hitting the gym 3 times a week. Before I knew it I lost 20 lbs and felt fantastic.

In April I wanted to start running and completed my first 5K in June, but I didnt stop there.... I just finished my first 10K last month (my profile picture)!!!

Now I have shifted gears. I lost 30 lbs since January and now I am concentrating on building strength and dropping another 20 lbs. I would love be able to make some marked muscle gains by Christmas and hope that there are plenty of people out there willing to give me some support!!

Heres to healthy living! Hope to hear from you :-)

Replies

• baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have a lot in common, I was at 250 a few years ago before I started running. Now I want to start packing muscle back on too. Add me if you like!
  • tugboating
    Options
    Thanks man! best of luck!
  • malcontent
    malcontent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! Being fit rocks!!! :D
  • chubbydoxie
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:

I've done MFP before and been successful. Medical reasons and stress caused me to put the weight back on. The support you find here is amazing and I'd love to be part of that support for you!

BTW... love your attitude. Keep up the great work!