Juicing

Options
I sometimes juice veggies and a fruit for breakfast. Now that I'm using MFP to log my food, I'm trying to figure out how to log juicing. Anyone else do this?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Weigh/measure the fruit before you juice it...?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    ff you're juicing you're only losing the fiber (which you need to eat) so whatever you put in there is the calories. If it's got an apple in it, then add the calories of an apple, some carrots add the number of carrots. There's no advantage to juicing over just eating the real food.
  • mnearing2000
    Options
    I juice a lot, too. I have a "standard" juice, that I use repeatedly. I just worked out what the individuala ingredients were, looked at the nutritional information for the sum total, set fiber to zero (because I track that), and added that in "My Foods" section. Then I just use that same juice every day. You could do that for several juices if you use different ones.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It will be kind of a pain but juice each thing separately and measure how many oz of each type of juice you have and try entering it into your diary. I don't know how many different kinds of juices they have values for. If they don't have values for a particular type of juice maybe you can find it somewhere else online and add it? I guess that would be how I would try to enter it.
  • mnearing2000
    Options
    Except that I can consume more veggies than I could possibly eat.
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think I will set up the juices as recipes. Thanks for the idea.

I get plenty of fiber, so losing it in my breakfast juice isn't a concern for me. The reason why I juice in the morning is to get more veggies in to start my day than I could eat.