About to start the 30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I'd like some input on this too! I just finished day 1 of the 30 day Shred. level 1. IT WAS HARD for me!!!! Help! Advice, ??? just keep at it and it gets easier?????

I'm on my 3rd day and I can already tell that my endurance is improving. It is still hard, but not as hard as the first day.
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of 30 day straight .I plan on doing each level for 10 days. The first three days were tough I was bearly able to sit or walk without me laughing so hard on how sore I was.. but it does get easier. I'm excited to see my results at the end though. Well goodluck and I'm sure you can get through it. Add me if you want a friiend to cheer u on..
  • kncharrington
    Options
    I'm planning to start Monday. A little scared, but looking forward to the results.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 8 :) On day 1-3 you will feel so sore.. make sure you do all the stretches because one day I did some elliptical right after the 30ds and forgot to stretch after.. I couldn't sleep my thighs were burning sooo much!!! lol :)

Just keep going no matter how much you want to quit :)
  • k8zor
    k8zor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've started 30 Day Shred probably 10 times, never making it past level 2 (arggghhhh) - BUT - I do recall seeing results even without finishing. It's a great workout, there's no wonder why so many people do it.

That being said, I'm starting it up once again... and I refuse to quit this time!! Hopefully MFP can help keep me motivated to see it through to the end! :):) Day 2 tonight!

Also, to avoid getting bored with the repetitive workouts, I usually put on a TV show or something and mute 30DS after I've learned the moves... The Simpsons is a great workout companion. haha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I did about 5 workouts (level 1) and quit. The cardio part of level one includes a lot of jumping which was killing my shins cause I run 3 times a week and dance 4 times a week. I was in pain. I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but I didn't like it.

I have the same issue with my knees. So I just quit running and only do 30DS 3 days a week and walk on off days.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'd like some input on this too! I just finished day 1 of the 30 day Shred. level 1. IT WAS HARD for me!!!! Help! Advice, ??? just keep at it and it gets easier?????

Yes it gets easier around day 4 or 5.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I just started it on Monday. I was told from a few people to do each level ten days in a row then switch. I think I'm just going to do each level for 5 days, and then repeat. I'm already getting bored with level one. Not to say it's not a good enough work out though. I am sore from the neck down. A good sore though. I just get bored easily. I'm not going to do 30 days in a row though. I'm going to do Monday through Friday and do something lighter on the weekends. I'm on day 3 and am already seeing progress.

Don't do it 10 days in a row. You are risking injury as well as missing out on the benefit of muscle growth. No more than two days in a row before taking a recovery day for your muscles to repair and grow.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just did the 2nd level for the first time.. O my goodness it is HARD!! All those planks... I am so glad I made it but I thought I was going to die!!! lol... Going to try to do level 1 later in the day today because I missed a day and still have to do day 10. I did level 2 first because I know it will be harder as I don't have any endurance for it yet.