Weight Lifting gloves

Options
Hello All! So I have been weight lifting for some time now and I am lifting heavy enough that I am starting to form calluses and blisters after a long session. I am looking for a good pair of weight lifting gloves. I have done some research but figured it would be better to see what you all enjoy. I lifting for long period of time and heavy so I am hoping for some good grip and some good padding. WHat brands do you prefer?

Replies

• NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about brands, I just buy which ever ones are the most comfortable. My suggestion would be to go to a sporting good store and try some on. I recently stopped using gloves because they where "bunching" just bothering my concentration. I will get another pair but I'm looking for some with thinner material.
  • vicki77433
    vicki77433 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also say to just go and try some on and see what fits you the best. I don't like to use gloves because I feel like my grip is better without them.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Gloves won't prevent callouses, and they reduce your grip. Holding the bar correctly will minimize, but not prevent.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree. Gloves do prevent callouses. I'm don't know how people think they won't. As for what brand, you'll just have to try them on yourself. Everyone is different. The current pair I wear are Valeo, and they have been great. But when they wear out, I'll walk into the store, try on a few pair and buy whatever. I think you'll find that most gloves are just fine, and that a tiny few are garbage.

Make sure they fit correctly, and too tight is better than too loose.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Gloves prevent callouses for me also. I don't always use them. I have some callouses now from not using them. When I was using them, I had much less callouses.
  • Inforthelonghaul
    Options
    I use a brand called Schiek. Personally I find them very good, they do prevent blisters but only minimise callouses. Like all gloves they are not indestructible but better than most I have tried.
    Most important hours is the fit and comfort. Good luck in your search.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I use them, I'd go and try some as different brands will feel different.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I prefer them straps
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I prefer them straps

Do you get a better grip ?
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I prefer them straps

Yip as the strap wraps around the bar and it also allows me to pull more weight
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I prefer them straps

Ok thanks :smile:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I prefer them straps

Ok thanks :smile:

Only use them on your heaviest reps where your grip fails, or you will prevent yourself from getting a stronger grip
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use the harbinger brand. they don't have straps but they have worked well for me. they are also not that expensive. hope you find what you are looking for.