Three Hundred Pounds? Not for long!

Heya folks.

I'm brand new here (hence why I'm in the Introduce Yourself part of the forums) and figured I'd say hi, a little about myself, and what my plans are!

I'm Thorson Welles, and I'm not using my real name until I've dropped the weight. I want to surprise those who know me but may be on this site. I'm a twenty year old college student, looking to get a degree in Computer Science, and have lived a mostly sedentary life style. Go to school, come home, eat, homework, eat, game, sleep. The most exercise I was getting involved walking to my next class. I went from 280, out of high school up to 300. For as long as I can remember, I was always the chubby guy, too. I don't want that anymore.

I plan to drop 75 pounds, through diet and exercise of course, to look good, and maybe, once I'm low enough that I'm toned, I might bulk up into my pen-name here.

So, for the time being, the first goal is a weight drop of 75 pounds. I can post pictures of my current weight, but I'm hoping to avoid doing that until I've got something good to compare it to.

Thanks for reading and feel free to reply, message, suggest, critique, what have you!

TW

Replies

• Panthro12
    Panthro12 Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome to MFP.. I've been here for a little over a month and lost about 15 lbs so far. Tracking food definitely helps and so does having friends on here to support you and keep you on track.. i will send a friend request to you.
  • letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Good luck to you.
  • ThorsonWelles
    ThorsonWelles Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks, torzorxx. I'm hoping to do about that much as well per month.

Thanks, letlethugo!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Love the avatar; too funny!
  • ThorsonWelles
    Love the avatar; too funny!

Thanks! It was done by a friend. It's me, but a bit over the top.
  • Hey welcome!!!

Leaving 300lbs behind feels soooo good. Take it from me :)

Good luck!
  • ThorsonWelles
    Thanks, lovesquirrels! You've done an awesome job, for sure!
  • Hey man! I'm currently at 303 pounds, and want to lose some weigh too! good luck!