GAINED 20LBS?!

Options
I FINALLY got on the scale today. I was super scared to weigh myself lately for a couple reasons:

1. I started college this year and actually LOST weight within the first 3 weeks
2. I found out I needed to have brain surgery due to having Hydrocephalus (fluid build up in your ventricles)
3. Once I found out about that, my mom kept telling me how much weight I was going to lose with the surgery so I became careless and ate SO POORLY

The bad thing is I can't exercise for a couple weeks due to having surgery on 10/2/12. I had to withdraw from my first semester of college and am at home sitting all day. I eat when i'm bored. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!? Someone help me? Please?!

Replies

• FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Probably you're best to consult your doctor on this one. I don't think anyone here can help you prepare for that surgery.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    You should just worry about your recovery first, and then focus on your weight loss when you can. Get well :flowerforyou:
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Probably just focus on your recovery from surgery. Once your fully healed from surgery, you can get back to exercise and focus on diet. Best bet for now is just avoid junk food, make better ood choices, and let nature take its course! I hope you are feeling much better really soon!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Probably just focus on your recovery from surgery. Once your fully healed from surgery, you can get back to exercise and focus on diet. Best bet for now is just avoid junk food, make better ood choices, and let nature take its course! I hope you are feeling much better really soon!
    ^This...great advice!
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    thank you all! thats exactly what my mom is telling me.
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As others have said definitely consult your doctor as brain surgery is major...even if you get the go ahead to work out take it slow and build up. 80% of healthy living is what you eat (personal trainer told me that loooooooooong ago and I have found through experience it is true). Still watch what you eat and find other ways to stay occupied instead of snacking, which is what can cause weight gain. Maybe you can take short walks but again talk to the doctor as I am not one. Stay healthy and all those fruits and veggies will be good for you.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Focus on recovery first. Take up knitting, reading, crochet - anything that will keep your mind and hands busy. I wish you a speedy recovery!!!