Looking for 1300 calorie buddies and support!

Options
Hi!
There was another post a few minutes ago that was looking for 1200 calorie buddies and since I didn't fit the bill.. here I am! I was hoping to be in my target weight coming up to my "big" birthday at the beginning of the New Year, but I have just got in the swing of things recently. I have had weight issues for most of my life and do the yoyo thing rather frequently; I feel like I am starting to see some impact on my overall health and well- being. I have thought to myself many times wouldn't it be nice to get to my weight target and stay there. I KNOW I can do it ...there is only one thing in the way......me. I hear stories all the time of people who do these amazing things and recently I thought to myself....really is that person can do that... why can't I lose weight? People take on what I consider to be incredible challenges and succeed so surely I can. One thing I have never had though is support so I think this might be the key for me being part of MFP. So weight loss buddies I have 75 pounds to lose so maybe by the end of the year of my "big" b-day I will be there with your support and encouragement!

Replies

• briangbra
    Options
    Hey! I'm going for the 1300 calorie thing & I'm also hoping to lose 70 lbs. I definitely need some support. PLUS my birthday is in January and I don't want to be as frumpy as I am now.
  • amazzo22
    Options
    Hello! Since starting college I've get some extra pounds that I've been trying to lose now for over a year. I try to maintain a healthy diet and daily work out routine but sometimes my busy schedule just gets in the way. I know it isn't a good excuse and I would really like to be successful this time. I am hoping to meet some people with the same problem so I gain some support to reach my goal of trying to lose 20 pounds by January. Good luck fellow fitness pals, stay positive! :)
  • healthylady88
    healthylady88 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am at 1300 now too. I was at 1200 but was told it wasn't enuf! Add me if you like :)
    201350 Posts: 4
    Options
    Excellent! And yes I want to stop looking frumpy and feel attractive. So what are your challenges do you think? Iknow for me I fall off the wagon when I get busy with work and school and home so perhaps some advance planning for a change as far as what can I eat that is quick, easy and fits the bill. Yea that is my biggest challenge. Until recently it was snacking on many cookies/ toast at bedtime when I had been quite diligent all day long, but now I feel mentally ready to keep on track especially at this time of the day.
    Options
    So you have lost 10 pounds? That is excellent. I am finding the 1300 calories is taking some mapping out of my meals, but so far so good. What is your goal?
  • Cmg7664
    Cmg7664 Posts: 20
    Options
    welcome.....I am starting back and find that MFP is really supportive. My husband os also trackig his food but refuses to log in and get support. It does help me though. I am addicted to another site that has great recipes. Skinnytaste.com. Check it out. I too have about 50 - 60 lbs to lose and want to do it before my big birthday too! I managed to lose 20+ lbs before my weddogn two years ago and even worea bikini in Aruba.....I have gained it all back, plus some and definitely not in a two piece. If you are honest and log all, you will be successful :)
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 1280- feel free to add me!
  • RyceMeleton
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! I'm going for the 1300 calorie as well and I'm just scared that I won't lose the weight. I'm aiming to lose 70 pounds so I can feel good about myself again.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im doing 1360 :) ill send you a friend request
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! I love finding new recipes. I think you are totally right about logging on and staying on track, but what happens when life gets in the way and the spiral down starts?
    Should I start a Group do you think for the 1300 cal? We could call it The 1300 CALGAL group though I don't want to exclude men just thought the name was catchy!!
  • enchantednurse
    Options
    Hey< Im set at 1300 as well. Ive struggled all of my life as well. I am also a post gastric bypass patient. Lost 102 lbs originally but have gained about 50 of that back....I need to loose all that plus about 30 more. Lets do this!!!
  • KReetz02
    KReetz02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will join you! It always helps to have support from others! My goal is to loose 40 lbs!:wink: