I have no idea what I'm doing!

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm 23 & I've struggled with weight my entire life. I recently got married and I'm so happy! But...my husband is really fit & healthy. I feel like a whale next to him! But that's not the only reason I want to lose weight.
One of my cousins is 24 & had a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago; like me she eats like crap, drinks too much & smokes. I don't want that for me & that's the road I'm on if I don't curb it now.
I come from a "fat" family; I've never been shown how to eat healthy and how to balance out a daily calorie intake. This is new for me & hopefully I can get some tips from the seasoned participants and maybe even some encouragement along the way.

Replies

• ccarebear344
    Options
    Friend me.
  • makettles
    Options
    Hi:
    Be encouraged! We are all here to help & get help! I lost 52 pounds and have 23 more to go. I've experienced the good, bad & ugly, believe me... but I'm not giving up! Friend me & lets share tips!
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to MFP but I've been doing P90x for about 67 days now. I've gone from 214lbs to 190. If you get a chance check out my blog http://teamfightinggenetics.com you can see my day 60 PICs and read my posts on training and motivation