FELL OFF THE WAGON AFTER WORK STRESS

Options
I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STARTING WITH MY INSANITY/P90X/JUST DANCE PROGRAM BUT FELL OFF AS OUR HOSPITAL IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING A MASSIVE INSPECTION WHICH HAS STRESSED ME OUT AND I HAVE BEEN SO EXHAUSTED I HAVEN'T HAD THE ENERGY TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT EAT. I WAS DOWN 136 AND NOW WEIGH 143. WILL IT BE TOO MUCH STRESS FOR ME TO MOVE ON BACK TO THE HARD PORTION OF MY WORKOUTS IF I FELL OFF?

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    #1. Get back on that wagon! lol

#2. Exercise will actually HELP with the stress in your life as well as help with your energy levels.

#3. Eat healthy, and move and you will be back on track before ya know it!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Start today. You can't do anything about yesterday, but learn from it. You can do it. We all have setbacks.
  • hal1968
    Options
    First, don't worry. You've already acknowledged that it's a temporary situation, and not the status quo. We're all going to have setbacks occasionaly since our weightloss journey is going to take a while. The key is to get back on the horse.

Should you go directly back to the hard workouts? There isn't a right or wrong answer here. If you can, do it. You'll get more benefit from it. If you can't, then go back to wherever you feel more comfortable and then keep moving forward. When I was on vacation I missed a few runs. When I started back up I had to repeat a few training runs before I could move beyond that. Sure, I'm a few days behind where I could have been, but if I hadn't repeated there was too great a risk of having such a killer workout that I'd get discouraged and quit. Just don't quit.

You can do it.
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First, don't worry. You've already acknowledged that it's a temporary situation, and not the status quo. We're all going to have setbacks occasionaly since our weightloss journey is going to take a while. The key is to get back on the horse.

Should you go directly back to the hard workouts? There isn't a right or wrong answer here. If you can, do it. You'll get more benefit from it. If you can't, then go back to wherever you feel more comfortable and then keep moving forward. When I was on vacation I missed a few runs. When I started back up I had to repeat a few training runs before I could move beyond that. Sure, I'm a few days behind where I could have been, but if I hadn't repeated there was too great a risk of having such a killer workout that I'd get discouraged and quit. Just don't quit.

You can do it.

You just made me feel ten times better! lol I feel like I can't get the jumpstart I am trying to do. I hate quitting cause starting back is the worst! So thank you, friend me lol