Weight loss pills

Options
Okay, so when I get stressed, I tend to just feel full and to not eat. At the moment, I'm taking "Vita-slim" and whenever I take them on an empty stomach I just puke, so does anyone know diet pills (preferably all natural) that won't make me puke or feel nauseous whlie on an empty stomach?

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Food. No pills.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Food. No pills.

^^^This.
    You'll start a cycle you can't break - trust me.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    first of all you should leave the pills alone period... hard work in the gym and a good eating will give you better results than any miracle pill will.

second of all with any kind of medication you should take them with food, those chemicals in the meds will eat your stomach lining away over time and they you will have more issues than weight.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Do people read these forums before posting? THIS IS A HEALTH/FITNESS SITE NOT A DIET SITE! It is insulting to all the people who bust their *kitten* to eat right and exercise to see people asking questions about diet pills(unless your doctor prescribed them). One, they are DANGEROUS because they usually involved unregulated ingredients at high doses and two, THEY DON'T WORK LONG TERM. Once you stop taking them, you gain it all back, if not more. Stop with the quick fixes, eat right, exercise, repeat!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I don't think weight loss pills are so great. Weight loss is hard and there are really no short cuts. There are no magic supplements, protein potions, or magic pills. All there is is a calorie deficit and hard work shaping your body with exercise. Nothing else matters.

When you gain weight it's like accruing a mortgage debt. The more debt you accrue the more daunting the task and the longer it will take to pay it off. A calorie deficit is hard. You will feel hungry sometimes and you have to deal with it. You can take breaks from the deficit if you need to and it's not going backwards to just maintain for a while. It's better than eating too low and then binging which is going backwards.

The reason someone your same height and gender who is not over weight can sit next to you and eat more is because they are not in debt. In order to pay off your debt you must eat at a deficit, there is no way around it. It is hard to pay off your debt. This is not an easy journey.

You can't out exercise too many calories. Exercise is mainly to shape your lean body mass so it looks pretty once the fat is gone.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • taaaters
    Options
    I don't think weight loss pills are so great. Weight loss is hard and there are really no short cuts. There are no magic supplements, protein potions, or magic pills. All there is is a calorie deficit and hard work shaping your body with exercise. Nothing else matters.

When you gain weight it's like accruing a mortgage debt. The more debt you accrue the more daunting the task and the longer it will take to pay it off. A calorie deficit is hard. You will feel hungry sometimes and you have to deal with it. You can take breaks from the deficit if you need to and it's not going backwards to just maintain for a while. It's better than eating too low and then binging which is going backwards.

The reason someone your same height and gender who is not over weight can sit next to you and eat more is because they are not in debt. In order to pay off your debt you must eat at a deficit, there is no way around it. It is hard to pay off your debt. This is not an easy journey.

You can't out exercise too many calories. Exercise is mainly to shape your lean body mass so it looks pretty once the fat is gone.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

Such wise words!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Food. No pills.

Yes.

You don't want to be taking those pills forever, do ya?

Patience!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Drop the pills, bust your *kitten* in the gym, eat properly (in a deficit for fat loss), supplement for nutrients when needed. It's that easy.
  • claw0416
    Options
    Ifyou really want to use something to help you..Try Apple Cider Vinergar..lol it will taste like crap..but hey..if you can take a shot of tequilla you can take a shot of this..anyway it is natural it makes you feel fuller quicker..and it has other added benefits..google it..but honestly..EAT! Eating is the best way to lose.. Trust me I am morbidly obese, I was eating only one meal a day, partly because I didn't have time at work to eat and the other is I thought would help me keep my weight down..wrong! It did the opposite..Now I eat a small breakfast or at least a protein shake, which keeps me satisfied and full till at least 2..I have to actually remind myself to eat..but I do, have a few mini snacks, handful of nuts, a quick pbutter on toast..etc..fruits lower sugared ones..and I eat dinner..I started doing this at the end of July..I have lost 39 pounds. 32 of them here with MFP..
    But seriously..pills only wreack hvac on your body, the natural and not so naturall..take it from someone who has done both..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Okay, so when I get stressed, I tend to just feel full and to not eat. At the moment, I'm taking "Vita-slim"
    Trying to figure this out - if you're stressed, you feel full and don't eat. But right now, you're wanting to take a diet pill - does this mean you're not currently stressed, so you don't feel full, but want a diet pill so you will feel like you do when you're stressed, and not want to eat?

:huh: :noway:

The fact that you're looking for the same feeling you get when your stressed, and the fact that the pill on an empty stomach makes you puke, should be HUGE WARNING SIGNS!

If you want an awesome fit and healthy body, you have to work for it - there is no magic pill, no magic machine, no quick fix. Eat healthy food, move around, do some exercise, treat your body well - there's where the magic happens - your body functions like it's supposed to, burning the healthy fuel you give it, shedding fat and keeping lean muscle. You feel good, you look good, and you build in healthy habits for life, not some quick fix, yo-yo diet pile or starvation plan that isn't sustainable over time, and screws up your body in the long run.

You're on a great site that has lots of great tools and information for doing it right - track your food, hit the numbers for your daily protein, carbs, fat and calories, do some exercise daily.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    "At the moment, I'm taking "Vita-slim" and whenever I take them on an empty stomach I just puke"

Something that is all-natural & beneficial to your body, should not be making you vomit. Just my opinion.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Think about the companies that make diet pills. Is their mission statement likely to be "to have everyone in the world thin, so that they don't need us any more" or "to sell lots and lots of diet pills and make lots and lots of money!"

Trust me, I'm an accountant.
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with what some people have said on here....leave the pills alone. Just "diet" without the help of pills. If you use the pills and they work you rely on them. It doesn't matter if they are natural or not. For years I relied on prescription pills [and I was not a candidate for them but I got them and took them anyway]. It's a viscous cycle and it's hard to break it. I always thought dieting meant pills so after I stopped taking the rx pills I relied on natural pills from health stores. It took the help of websites and apps like this place to finally get it in my head that maintaining weight, losing weight and getting healthier was up to me and how I lived my life without pills. Just eating better, staying within serving portions and some exercise is the only way to get where I want to be and to stay that way..not just to momentarily lose weight just to put it on again.

The bottom line is, is that you don't want to stay on pills for the rest of your life so why start out by taking them in the first place? It takes time and patience but you can do it without pills or any other type of supplements.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You should be working towards healthy vs skinny and you're going about it all the wrong way. I hope you come to realize that your crash diet isn't going to work in the long term and wise up