The Morning After

Options
So say for example, you've had a pretty hefty night, with lots of booze and fizzies, snacks and a drunken monster feed. And you've gone over your allowence by a good 600 or so calories.

Do you try to make up for it the next day? Do you attempt to run to the gym in a hungover sweaty mess? Do you try to eat 600 less calories today?
Or do you call it a bad night, learn from your mistakes and get on with the next day like nothing ever happened?

Cheers

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just try to move on. Usually I don't feel like eating that much if I'm hungover so I end up cutting a couple calories but not by design. if you feel like working out then do if not a day of rest is good for everyone. It's in the past all you can do is learn form it and move on.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I move on but am more mindful of what i put in my mouth because i know i messed up
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Depends on how bad off I am. I will try to work some of it off, but some things you drink can make your stomach upset when you smell them in your sweat the next morning. Nothing like smelling alcohol in the gym and then realizing its you.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't make up for it the next day. Just like MFP resets everyday, so should you. But I am more conscience of what I put in my mouth the next day
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Enjoy the fact that you had a great night and get back on track the next day.
  • prettygonetatty
    Options
    Exactly what i wanted to hear guys THANK YOOOOU!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't try to cut extra calories to make up for it, but I do make an effort to drink a lot more water the next day and try to do some weights or something.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I am now a non-drinker ... for a bit over 20 years now. That being said, I know the feeling you speak of all too well and I am not sure I could have a great work out the day after... Then again, perhaps a good work out will make you feel a bit better by sweating out those toxins you put in. As for going over the calorie limit by 600 or so calories... really this is no great disaster... It would take a week of this to gain a pound (if you are MAINTENANCE)... if you are factoring in a loss at all, it is likely that you really did not go over by as much as you think... It is all about the average. From time to time... You will go over. This is a lifestyle change... It is not a disaster if you go over once and a while.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Depends on how bad off I am. I will try to work some of it off, but some things you drink can make your stomach upset when you smell them in your sweat the next morning. Nothing like smelling alcohol in the gym and then realizing its you.

You might want to invest in one of those personal alcohol testers, :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just move on and try to survive the hangover.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options

You might want to invest in one of those personal alcohol testers, :)

I have actually thought about buying one. But is really only a couple things, like wine or tequila that cause it.