Eating 1200 a day but gained an inch

Options
I've been eating around 1200 cals/day, which is recommended for me, and losing inches, lbs, etc, but tonight i measured my hips and I had gained an inch! Any suggestions on what went wrong? Thanks!

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've been eating around 1200 cals/day, which is recommended for me, and losing inches, lbs, etc, but tonight i measured my hips and I had gained an inch! Any suggestions on what went wrong? Thanks!

have you been lifting weights? Specifically, squatting and doing lunges?
  • dream109
    Options
    I've done some shadowboxing with 5-pound dumbells, and some machines at the gym, but no squatting or lunges...
  • afropoodle
    Options
    Either you underestimated your calories or you gained a badonkadonk
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've done some shadowboxing with 5-pound dumbells, and some machines at the gym, but no squatting or lunges...

well either your measurements were off or you're retaining water (temporary) or you've gained some butt muscle and the entire Kardashian family applauds you.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    Or you measured differently before.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When u are eating 1200 cal, make sure u do exercises too... =)

Do some walking, u can try and it helps... or running if u have enough stamina... U can also remove hip inches by performing hip exercises or aerobics =)
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy. Bodyshape will be as healthy as you eat. That means, dont undereat and dont overeat.
  • dream109
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Most likely answer is that you measured slightly differently this time, maybe not precisely the same place.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Water.Weight.