looking to make friends who are dedicated to health

I believe in the power of the human body to heal itself and I was hoping to make more friends on here that believe the same thing. Anyone who likes herbalism, chinese medicine, etc....I would like to share knowledge with others who also like this stuff and hopefully learn new stuff. Hope to make more friends :)

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    you can count me in! I work in healthcare, and Western medicine isn't all that it is cracked up to be.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    I'm very interested in food energetics especially from a Chinese medicine point of view. I'm not logging much at the moment because I have limited internet access and it's hard to do, but I am reading up a lot on foods and why chinese dietetics can be very successful.

count me in!!

I think it's a bad thing to regard food as the enemy - sometimes I see people write about how food is 'necessary to keep them alive but that's about it'. food is great. Food tastes great.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I am a RN (intensive care), but I treat myself and my family with herbal remedies and stay home to birth my babies. :drinker:
  • Just quit smoking about a month ago, also gave up drinks (wine). Started a healthy diet n little exercise, metabolism is slowing and am worried that I will put on. Any advise will be appreciated, thank you

Renu
  • StolenColon
    StolenColon Posts: 2 Member
    Lets all be friends! I lost my large intestine to "toxic megacolon" last year...so I have been kind of forced into it, but regardless I am healthier than I have ever been in my entire life! I have recently (last 3 months) been into eating fresh, cutting preservatives, and overall amazed at how poorly I have treated my body my whole life! Needless to say, my wife gets pretty tired of me talking about health 24/7, and I think some friends on here would be a great place for me to get my fix!

Fun facts...
    Last year I was 270 pounds, smoker, drinker, 5 cups of coffee a day, and ate out at LEAST once a day.

Now I am 180, no drugs of any kind (except my 1 cup of coffee every other day), eat fresh, and have a completely different outlook on life! Yay fitness!
    Now if I can just start working out....
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    I still smoke (I know I know...one addiction at a time!) but I am very active now and like to eat as clean as possible. I like having people I can talk to as well, and I love supporting other people. I'm empathetic by nature. :) Anyone can feel free to add me.

I'm at 132 down with like 63 to go. :)
  • lorin1987
    lorin1987 Posts: 14 Member
    exactly! i think it would be so wonderful if western medicine and herbalism or chinese medicine came together....
  • lorin1987
    congats that is really awesome, I am trying to eat like that right now also....my biggest problem is eating on a small budget. but seeing your success really shows that its worth it.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    I really don't kow much about CHinese meds or anything. But I do use herbs occasionally and I am daily losing trust for a lot of things within modern medicine.

I lean toward natural treatments when possible. But I also don't deny there are still many benefit to modern medicine, I just research things as much as possible myself before deciding on things.

Health is something that is a treasure. One I was far too casual about for many years. I am currently trying to regain it and drop the presciptions I am on. I have dropped my metformin for my diabetes already (of my own choice) but for now I am still on synthroid for hypothyroid. I don't know if I will ever be able to really drop that one, but it is my hope and prayer. Weight loss is something I am desperate to do because I know with it, much of my health will hopefully return. So far I am getting there one day at a time.

Anyone may friend me also. :-)
  • lorin1987
    im not an expert at all....but i have done alot of research for myself and my family to try to help us with our wellness. One thing that you may want to look into is taking milk thistle and or dandelion root. they help to detoxify your body which is important for keeping your body in balance especially if you just quit smoking. they help you liver produce more bile, and when your liver produces more bile it gets rid of toxins. And you should drink lots and lots of water. Maybe even looking into doing a detox...like i said i am no expert but these are things you could look into that might help you overall which will also affect your metabolism.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    I grew up drinking chinese herbal meds :) Feel free to add