CEAREAL!! <3

nurseandi
nurseandi Posts: 80
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
SOoooo I'm obsessed with cereal. It is veyr hard to have the suggested serving size on the box no matter what kind of cereal. MY WEAKNESS!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I know, me too! I usually save my cereal as my late night treat and add a banana- much more satisfying. :)
  • Oh! I know! I could eat the whole box in one sitting!! I can't keep it in the house, I can't! Or else I will eat it. I've been this way since I was a kid. It's always been my breakfast passion. I can get tired of eggs, protein shakes, oatmeal, but NEVER cereal! I just tried the new Chocolate Cheerios last night at my moms. Of course they taste like Coca Puffs and Coca crispies - whatever cocoa you can find, but still . . . I really wanted another bowl!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    I really like cereal such as Special K etc. and used to have it every day for breakfast but I found I wasn't losing anything at all, so then I changed my breakfast and I started losing weight again. I'm not sure whether it's to do with me simply changing my diet or something in cereals and/or milk that were stopping me losing but I daren't go back to cereals which is rather hard :P
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    oh tell me about it i love cereal the best i eat bout 7 bowls of them a day especially as a snack at night time and im sorted :flowerforyou:
  • You should substitute your cereal with good grains like oatmeal. Not the instant stuff either, the good hardy out of the tube oatmeal. Your body will thank you for it.
  • I really like cereal such as Special K etc. and used to have it every day for breakfast but I found I wasn't losing anything at all, so then I changed my breakfast and I started losing weight again. I'm not sure whether it's to do with me simply changing my diet or something in cereals and/or milk that were stopping me losing but I daren't go back to cereals which is rather hard :P

OMG! THe special K Fruit n Yogurt - I can NOT have in the house. It never lasts past the day I bring it home. But the problem with cereal is that it's usually more processed carbs than anything else. That's why it's not usually recommended when trying to lose weight. The body processes it so much quicker than protein filled eggs, etc. Leaving you hungry and eating more.

So I've switched to Kashi for the protein and fiber and add the serving amt to yogurt. Helps a little. But I could certainly go for some Special K FNY!!!! YUMMM!!!!
This discussion has been closed.