Would a..

Options
6x8 shed be big enough to use as a home gym?
Nothing elaborate but would it be big enough just to get a few buts of gym stuff in, like press bench, barbell?
I'm thinking probably not?

Replies

• onesmallcupcake
    Options
    Meters or feet??
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Lol sorry its feet lol
  • TimeWarp9
    Options
    It would be pretty tight, I think. It would allow a few things but not any room for expansion. Is it a shed you already have and are going to convert or are you thinking of building one? If it is one you already have, no harm in giving it a try (unless you have to buy all the equipment and then would have no place else for it if it doesn't work out). Another consideration - if you're at all claustrophobic it would probably be too close once the equipment is in it...
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    It's one I already have. I'm really keen to get into proper weightlifting but my nearest gym is 30 miles away... :sad:
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would draw a floor plan..... get the measurements of the equipment you are thinking of having and 'fit' them into your plan - see if they fit - If too tight then maybe you could look at some of the stuff & see if you can get a smaller alternative etc etc

Good Luck
    :drinker:
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I would draw a floor plan..... get the measurements of the equipment you are thinking of having and 'fit' them into your plan - see if they fit - If too tight then maybe you could look at some of the stuff & see if you can get a smaller alternative etc etc

Good Luck
    :drinker:

I shall do that, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Would be plenty big enough for free weights I would think. Have you considered alternatives to using the machines?
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I already do free weights but I'm thinking more barbell type stuff?