New Guy on the block.

Options
Hey everyone. Ran across this website accidentally while trying to acquire some information, but I must say I don't regret that :).

I have never been much into losing weight and haven't felt it necessary until quite recently. On 6-2-12, I was involved in a 3 car accident while on duty on my way to back up another officer. I don't remember the accident, because I suffered multiple injuries, including 2 skull fractures and diffuse axonal injury, which is a devastating brain injury. i was in a coma for 8 days, and a few weeks later to everyone's dismay, I was released to go home. Long story short, my life has drastically changed, and never before in my life have I had the motivation to be healthy. I love my career, and need to be as healthy as I can be to fulfill the requirements of my job. The accident has changed my perspective on things. The chance to socialize on here with people who share similar fitness goals and objectives, sounds copacetic. Consider this a "condensed" hello :)

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP buddy
  • ReeRun77
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I pray you are recovering well if your still in recovery. I'm sure it was fate that you ran into this website because it is a wonderful one indeed. Please feel free to add me; all of us here want nothing more than to motivate and support one another to reach our goals and be at a happy and content weight. :-) Glad to hear that you want to get to a healthier state.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Glad you are recovering well. We all have different events that brought us here. The important thing is that we are here now. This is a wonderful place to make fitness friends and get your healthy lifestyle in order.

Welcome.
  • Jaamie96
    Options
    Its good to see your motivated and actually wanting to get healthy. I don't regret this website either its good to keep everything under control. I'm not the most active girl but i like to be healthy and using this program has helped me alot. Glad to hear your ok.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! It is a amazing what you eat when you start tracking your food. I can relate a bit to having a new perspective of life, I had a life scare as well. I had a second chance so thus I know I had to make changes. My health was my prime focus. My family and friends have helped me. I have also been over weight pretty much all my life a few years ago I weighed 350lbs I am at 169 lbs and still pushing. So if I can do it, I know you can :) If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • chubbydoxie
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is my second go-round on this site and I think you'll love it--especially the unconditional support you'll get.

Feel free to add me if you wish! :flowerforyou:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I just started lifting and you wouldnt believe how supportive people are here. They give great advice and lots of information so that you can make the right decisions for you.
    Best wishes!
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Welcome! It really is a great fun supportive group. Everyone gives each other tons of encouragement. There is even a fun social aspect to it. Nice to meet you!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is very helpful when it comes to losing weight and gaining motivation.

Feel free to add me