What to do about Fat Tire pain....

Options
So I've went from 320 to 282ish since June... but now im having problems with my fat tire jiggling and flapping up and down when i run and do other exercises. Quite frankly it hurts because now its losing mass and it flaps quite a bit. Wondering if anyone has any tips to help hold it in place while i work out because its causing me alot of pain.

Replies

• divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in something thight? Like a form fitting tanktop (don't know if this is the right word for a male tanktop) tucked into your trousers? And then a T-shirt over it?
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    Try using a compression shirt -- nike or under armor are the most popular.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts and tank - or a onesie? Unitard type thing, should hold it all in place :)

Nice loss by the way :)
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Compression gear helps. Another option is to change up your routine; I cycle a lot, which imparts much less torso movement. I've gone from 296lbs to 192lbs in about 2.5 years, and I still have some flappy belly flab.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I use a speedo type swimming cossie in a size too small but as you are a man you might not want to do that but it is a cheaper option to buying very expensive "professional" compression wear.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    That feeling will go away with time, but yes, in the interim use a compression shirt, works wonders!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I use a speedo type swimming cossie in a size too small but as you are a man you might not want to do that but it is a cheaper option to buying very expensive "professional" compression wear.

thats a brilliant idea - thanks!
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yep, compression gear is the bomb! Just make sure the shirt isn't too small, or it will roll up like a window shade. I speak from experience. :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Not sure where in the world you are but Aldi and Lidl have had some cheap running gear in the past week, they might have some left if you're in the UK and can pop in to one :-)

I bought a high-vis cold weather running/cycling jacket and it's great.

EDT to say they did have compression gear in! Forgot to mention that fact haha.