Unhappy/happy NSV

Options
I've had an unhappy/happy NSV, one I am kind of ambivalent about...
Last March, my husband and I got married. He asked me September last year with a wonderful engagement ring, and in March it was joined by my wedding ring.
Last March was also when I was nearing my heaviest weight.
You guessed it, they are way too big now. I didn't want to take them off, but yesterday I could nearly shake them off, and I am scared of losing them. So now they hang on my necklace and I have replaced them with another ring my husband gave me years and years (and kilos and kilos) ago, that fits again.
It makes me sad, they should never be off my finger, and now they have to be for months and months while I lose more and more.
So, good and bad I guess...

PS, I have looked at ring re-sizers, but they are hard to come by here (The Netherlands) and I think I'd still be paranoid about losing them...

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I go old school here when the rings are too big....wrap yarn around them. :bigsmile: you just have to change it when it gets nasty looking.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It is a fabulous NSV. The only thing I can say is congratulations on continuing to lose.
    When you get to your goal get the rings properly re-sized by a jeweler.
    In the meantime you're keeping them close to your heart.:smile:
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    wear your old ring in front (towards the end of your finger) of the engagement/wedding band to hold them in place. the old one will keep them from falling off.

Congrats on the wt loss!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    They have little clear plastic things you can buy (probably online) that help take up that space, maybe that'll help? I'm not sure about what shipping to the Netherlands would be however. Would a jeweler perhaps be able to get you one?

I have a ring I wear that is now too big on me as well but I don't want to just shove it in a box for the next 6 months-year while I get to goal (it was an engagement ring from my fiance who passed away, it means quite a lot to me) so I was going to look into one of those ring spacers myself.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    NSV?:huh:
  • Bethann680
    Bethann680 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my wedding ring. I told my hubby I was going to put tape on it and he responded with "or you could just get a new ring." But I want my wedding ring not a new ring. I have been wearing this one for 14 years! I might have to look into those spacer things. Congrats on your NSV!
  • MelvanDijk
    MelvanDijk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a good NSV ('non scale victory' luvmyhubby). Although I can understand why you're ambivalent. Go to a good jewler and ask advice. I've had the opposite problem, I haven't been able to get my ring off! Now if the first time in a couple of years that it's loose!
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    You could try wearing them on your thumbs, which tend to be a little bigger, and then at least you're still wearing them.

S.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a good NSV ('non scale victory' luvmyhubby). Although I can understand why you're ambivalent. Go to a good jewler and ask advice. I've had the opposite problem, I haven't been able to get my ring off! Now if the first time in a couple of years that it's loose!

Thanks Melvan!:flowerforyou:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Awww it is quite sad when things you cherish dont fit anymore. Mine couldnt be resized so my husband bought me a new set when I lost 3 ring sizes, he said it was like having a new wife!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My ring was just resized in July, and then I lost a few more pounds below my first goal.. I put a band aid on the inside part of my hand/finger that has the "padded part" part of the band aid covering my ring ... it is holidng the ring in place upright as well. My hands still swell some days and then my ring fits perfect.

I also like the "wrap yarn" trick, you can put a small band aid over the yarn as well. JC Penny's jewelry shop has the little pink plastic things - you can get them in various sizes - not too expensive either and they won't scratch your ring.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with my engagement ring, went to a jewellers and they didn't recomend the plastic ring re-sizer things, but they did manage to physically re-size my ring so its now smaller and fits (and is getting a tiny bit loose again :smile: )

Hope you manage to find something to help
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!