Mommies Losing Weight...

Options
Hey everybody! I'm pretty new to this but loving it already! I've been logging faithfully for 3 weeks and have lost 13 pounds so far. I have 4 kids that are between 10 months and 10 years and I'm finding that my body is responding WAY differently to diet and exercise than it ever has before. I'm looking for something to really jumpstart my metabolism that I can do while juggling 4 kids and a home. I know I need to get my heart rate up for sure, but any other suggestions??? Help this Mommy out!!! ;-)

Replies

• jheaven81
    Options
    Heya, well done on your weight loss already thats fab, I bet it helps just having them to run around after :) For exercise have you tried something like zumba? I went to classes and the teacher will always stick with me because she said ''honey there's no mistakes in zumba just solo's'' so maybe you could gt the kids involved as well for a bit of fun :)
    Keep it up :) I'm back to this after a long break, its hard work but very worth it x
  • Slamey31
    Slamey31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about Zumba! I've always loved to dance but haven't done it in awhile! I'm worried I'd scare the kids!
  • LoveMyKevins
    LoveMyKevins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you should get together with your BFF and go for bike rides and long strolls at the park, perhaps walking to a healthy breakfast and just make it a point each and every day to do something more physical!~
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you considered 30 day shred? It's 26 minutes from start to finish and combines strength training with cardio. I do it when my 2 kids go to sleep. By the way, I have a 10 month old too :) She's getting to be a little terrorist so I have only her nap times to work out :)
  • KatRamsay
    KatRamsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mummy of two and struggle to find time, I also work full time but I started joining in with the work sports activities and then got introduced to touch rugby. I now find a bit of me time to escape the hectic noisiness of kids for a couple of hours a week :) team sports has been great for me and touch rugby is the gentler form of rugby and great workout for legs and bum :) good luck and hopefully find something that works for you?

Kat
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Do I count? Although I am a man I have been called a mother plenty of times. :-) Good luck on your journey ladies!