Personal Trainer?

Options
I am strongly and wonderfully addicted to running again, but know I need to throw in some weight training. I saw an ad for a personal trainer , but as I've never used one before it got me thinking-what is it they do? I don't need help with motivation, but with nutrition and weight training. Since I am vegan, I'm kind of thinking they may not have much to offer in the way of nutrition, so is there a good (read *free*) site on the web for weight training and tracking? Or is it worth it to splurge on a professional?
:huh:

Replies

• keasarge
    keasarge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is an expert in nutrition and support and motivation. She fought me to correctly use machines and do exercises work out goals.
    I used her once a week for a month to learn basics now I see her once every six months to redo plans and goals I couldn't use oneevery week
  • keasarge
    Options
    There is a good forum just google weight trainning forum
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are they pricey (trainers)?
  • keasarge
    Options
    Two where free when I joined a gym
    Than $150 but that was two hours plus eating plan and nutrition lesson
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Options
    Hmmm. Sounds like it might be worth the initial investment. I'll call and see if they can work around the vegan thing. Thanks for the info!:flowerforyou:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    When I joined my gym I got 2 free PT sessions, which I used to be shown form/technique, then started following my own program (New Rules of Lifting for Women) was really helpful for my confidence having never been in a gym before!
  • meitawdjj
    Options
    i hired a Personal Trainer for 14 sessions to lose 7% of my body fat in 7 weeks.
    in 1st week i lost 1.3% of my body fat (yeay...!!)
    its a bit pricey. however, from my point of view, its worth to pay
    they motivate us to eat right and have proper exercise to achieve our goal
    i know i can't do it my self, so i hired him

if u wish to hire PT, please read their experience first,
    i'd rather paid more for advance PT (they called it "ELITE TRAINER"), the one with long experience in handling various clients must know how to handle each of us

gut luck :)
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I got a personal trainer 7 weeks ago and couldnt be happier. Not only do I get an hours 1-2-1 session a week (involves boxing, cardio, weights and toning) but as a member of the gym I see him almost 90% of the time I go to the gym so it makes me go more (because if I dont he wants to know why I havent been in) and if Im struggling with something he gives me the additional support and tweeks I need through the week. Better than this he sets "homeworks" for me to do and each week they get harder, longer in the gym, higher intensity etc. I know I couldnt and probably wouldnt do as much as I do without him (hes even improved my diet) in the first 4 weeks I lost 4.1 inches around my waist and over half a stone!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Well, they will set up an exercise program for you. They will teach you proper form so you don't get hurt & teach you all different types of exercises. Their job isn't to tell you what to eat..that's a nutritionist or doctor.