Question for the ladies...

Options
Hey guys, for those of you who have been successful with losing weight steadily for months, has your period ever been affected or skipped? I have read that weight loss can do this and it is normal, just want to know if any of you have experienced this...

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It can happen with malnutrition or overtraining. It can also happen if your body fat goes too low.

But no, it's not a normal part of weightloss.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to end up with lighter, shorter cycles. I have always been very regular but last month was a bit lighter and this month even more so. I have heard that can happen with regular exercise tho (the lighter shorter cycles).

I do not think they are suppose to stop tho, not with diet change and exercise. :/
    May want to get checked out.
  • Jaamie96
    Options
    Do you find that when your on your period it feels like its harder to get you motivated? Is there anything that can boost my mood so i dont stuff up my pattern and routine.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Do you find that when your on your period it feels like its harder to get you motivated? Is there anything that can boost my mood so i dont stuff up my pattern and routine.

The lack of motivation might have to do with water retention and bloating.
    I get that a bit during that time. Just push yourself through it.

As far as a mood booster. You can try St. Johns Wort. It is something you have to take faithfully all month long tho. Not just during your cycle. It takes about 6-8 weeks to regulate in your system although I have heard of people noticing a difference before then. I can't take it due to other medication I am on.
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to end up with lighter, shorter cycles. I have always been very regular but last month was a bit lighter and this month even more so. I have heard that can happen with regular exercise tho (the lighter shorter cycles).

I do not think they are suppose to stop tho, not with diet change and exercise. :/
    May want to get checked out.

yeah it has always been like clockwork for me... but over the last couple of months, i have actually started taking weight loss and fitness seriously, logging my meals, exercising everyday. So last month, there was just some spotting... so i read that, the body is just adjusting to a new lifestyle and should resume to normal in a month... if it doesnt.. then its a problem.. so i m just hoping for the best :/