NEW CHALLENGE! Want to join?

Options
HEYYYYYY!

So, I ran a Summer challenge that was a huge hit. But, our membership has dissipated and I'm looking to bring in some new cheery faces for a fall challenge.

You must be able to check in once a week, and check in on the weekly thread a few times a week - support other members, etc.

If you want in, tell me two things:

1) Starting weight
2) Why you think you would be a good fit for our existing dedicated members? What pep will you bring? What support?

After I send you a group invite, we will all have the First weigh-in on MONDAY, 10/22.

SOOOOO, who's in??

Replies

• kristilynne84
    Options
    I'd love to join you....

Do I get a free pass for being the first responder? ;)

My SW is 184 (BLECH was up 2 lbs today)...goal weight is 145, then see where things are at from there. My goal is to lose 1 lb/wk. I have a running race at the end of the month and then after that will be meeting with a personal trainer. Being in grad school, starting clinicals, working, and going to church keep me pretty busy, so I DEFINITELY need motivation and accountability!

I am a RN and am getting an advanced degree in Women's health, so I could add some medical perspective to things....I am also quite nice, occasionally funny, and don't bite (unless provoked). I get a ton of motivation from this site so I am on here frequently.

Thanks! :)
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yup, invite coming soon!
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would really like to be a part of this! I was doing really well in the summer and then went on vacation and stopped logging and gained weight back- I would really benefit from another reason to 'check-in' with a group- it helped immensely. I am happy to encourage others and I find myself trying to relate- I always look for the positive and encourage others to do so as well. Would really appreciate being apart of the group. My "RE-"starting weight is 148.
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge. I've been struggling recently with my eating and am really trying to refocus. I try to be as supportive as I can to my friends.

My weight has been bouncing between about 5 pounds for the past couple weeks but this morning I was 211. My goal weight is somewhere between 130 - 140.

I'm trying to be as dedicated to making this a lifetime change as I can and I feel like I could benefit a lot from a group of people.
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. My starting weight was 205 and I'm down to about 192. I have big plans to start couch to 5k next month. I'd love support from a group and accountability for when I start. Ultimate goal is half marathon in may. Right now I'm doing 30 day shred with a group, it's great to have a group doing it together. I'm scared that I will reach the point soon where this new lifestyle will become boring. Holidays are coming up kids out of school, blah. I'd love to help everyone get through it with me. Give and take.
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want in too! My starting weight was 211 Im currently around 178- 180. It seems like no matter what i do I just can't get passed it and I don't want to give up. I'm only 5ft tall and I would really like to get down to 150 or a size 8 or 10.I'm super friendly and i'd love to provide support for others and keep each other going!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 36yr old mom of 2 who has fallen off the MFP wagon….. I could really use a kick in the pants!!! I was doing really well and then started dealing with some health issues, which are not yet figured out… Grrr. I have not been working out, and have been using fear as my excuse. There is no reason why I can’t start adding small things back in. I have gained 7# back….. In 10 days I will have been on here 1 year.

SW- 163# (I am 5’ 4”)
    CW- 152#

It motivates me to see others on here doing so well. MFP reminds me we are all human and not perfect. I believe this is a journey that works well with the support of others. Would love to support others in this crazy adventure to better our selves!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Mel - Sorry you can't get rid of me...the exercise freak!!! I still need the group to help me finish what I have started. You are awesome to keep things going. This Group is Awesome! Excited to make some new friends!

:heart: Judy
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,193 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also one of those who were part of the Summer challenge, and the group did help a lot for me to stay on track. But then I went on vacation and when I came back I was stuck in a rut and just recently put myself together.
    So I am looking forward to this new challenge (thanks Mel!) and new people to meet!

Oh, my current weight is 181.2 lbs (82.2 kg), and I want to get down to 75 kg (165.3 lbs) by Christmas.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This is second attempt at post as my last one just got gobbled up somehow!!!

I'd love to join this group. I have been on MFP for ages and managed to get to my goal but after getting engaged in March I kinda lost my way a bit as I was all caught up in the excitement!!

So what could I bring to the group?? I have managed to eat healthily and and exercise to achieve my goal so I know it is possible to achieve - but I also know how hard it is to keep motivated! I think I can offer support and encouragement to others as a result. My weight has crept up a bit and I have been struggling to get back into the exercise motivation again. However, I have a wedding to look fabulous for hence my reignition of MFP enthusiasm (ish!!!). I'm currently re doing 30 day shred and planning on adding in a bit of ripped in 30 as well when I've built up my fitness a bit more.

My weight today is 131.5 lb and I aim to get back to 120-121 lb again with a tighter body and more definition.

I would love to join a group challenge as it is not something I have done on here before but feel I would love to join in and mortivate others as well as myself (if I have to account to others I will have to make more effort!!!!)
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.

My starting weight for this challenge is 222 lbs (down about 42 lbs from where I orginally started this journey).

What I will bring is:
    - I log in every day and provide good support to my active MFP friends
    - After maintaining for the summer, I could use a kick start to get moving again.
    - I could use a few friends who are all trying to achieve the same goals and are more apt to provide support.
    - I have a good sense of humor.

Other than that, I ate at Outback yesterday and still managed to stay within my calorie limit and did not indulge in the mint chocolate chip ice cream that was calling my name from our freezer last night.

Looking forward to this!
  • canis_arcticus
    canis_arcticus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Andi and I am going to be 32 next month. I weigh 204.8 this morning, down from 211.8 two weeks ago. I am a graduate student and organic farmer with goats and chickens and a vegetable garden. I have difficulty losing weight without a little competition and would really like to be part of this one. I can also be a motivating force in a group because I love to support others who are dedicated to being more healthy...
    My goats need to be milked...gotta go!
    Thank you!
    Andi
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What type of challenges do you plan on doing? I personally would love the support and work a challenge brings but fear getting into something where I can't fulfill my part.

I can I bring? Drive, dedication and determination! What do I hope to get out of it? I've been active on MFP for 615+ days and have hung in there when everyone else around me dropped off. I hit 100 pounds lost this summer but since have been bouncing up & down. I need a challenge to pull me back on track & force me to do things outside my comfort zone.

SW: 254 (couldn't walk up 20 stairs without struggling to catch my breath)

CW: 154.1 (i have a party the night before weigh in so it will be higher. Now i walk, run & am scheduled to climb 1034 stairs on 11/15/12)

GW: 146-148 (run a 1/2 marathon)
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I want in!

1) Starting weight (January 2012) was 285, MFP restarting weight was 255 ( July 2012) Current weight is 239.8 as of this am.

2) What I bring?
    - I log in everyday
    - I have a positive attitude
    - I am motivated, determined and I love meeting new people
  • MrsABomb
    MrsABomb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Amber and my starting weight was 172. I'm down to 159 now. My goal is to not only lose about 20 more pounds (reach 135ish), but to lower my bodyfat percentage from it's current 32% to 20-24%. My weight loss has been slow, but permanent. I hope I can be a part of the group!

Here are the things I bring to the table:

-I log in everyday
    -I'm interested in slow but "good" weight loss. I want to lose body fat, not just pounds.
    -I focus on fitness and exercise, not just pounds coming off
    -I am learning/ have learned to keep going even when the scale isn't showing progress. Sometimes we can plateau for months, but we can't give in!
    -I have learned to set small goals first. I don't say I want to lose 20 pounds in 4 months, I say I want to lose three pounds in a month. Shorter goals have helped me keep going.
  • mbagradstudent
    Options
    Can I join?

My starting weight is 129/130lb. depending on clothes on or off in the morning. I started at 130lb and can't seem to lose a damn pound for the life of me.

A little over a year ago I weighed 115lbs and loved my body. Now I'm embarassed by it and I don't know what to do. I can't work out as much as I used to due to night school that started over a year ago. My goal is to lose at least 10lbs by May when I graduate. I refuse to buy new clothes at my current size but want a nice graduation dress to celebrate 2 years of hard work, working full time time and getting my MBA at night.

what do I bring? determination to take the weight off! I want to like my body again. and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is sick of hearing me complain about my weight.
  • raejay621
    Options
    I would like to join.

SW: 250.3
    CW: 246.3
    GW: 160

I log in everyday. I feel like I am a great motivator to the friends that I already have on here. I am looking to be a help to someone else and to even get some help for myself. There are days when I sway left and just need that lil boost from someone to get right. I know there are others out here are the same way. I want to help people, help themselves.
  • scosway
    Options
    I am not quite sure what the challenge is, but I would like to join and meet some new people. I weigh in tomorrow so I am just going to say 230 for a starting weight. I was 274 lbs at the very beginning

What can I bring? Well I have been at this for 4 years. I have struggled a lot, but I have also had success. I have learned a lot about my body. I am also an IBS sufferer which has proven to be the biggest obstacle for losing weight. After some major life changes recently I am newly committed to seeing my goal weight of 170 and I am looking for all the support I can give and get.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.

Sw:187.8

My first goal is to lose 15lbs per my orthopedic doctor

I can bring support to everyone since I log in almost every single day. I love meeting new people and I think we can learn from each other. I was a team leader in the past for a different challenge and my team completed their challenges.

I hope that I receive an invite :)
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I sent out invites. Check out the "NEW CHALLENGE" thread in the group page to introduce yourself and see what this is about.