Hi everyone. Any other 50+ ?

Options
c53204
c53204 Posts: 35 Member
56yr old guy - trying to regain my old size and fitness.

Served in the military for 20 years, so used to be at a good level of fitness. But had a few office jobs and periods of unemployment. Only realised how unfit I was after chasing my 5yr old Grandson!

Been at it for 3 months before I started using any apps, etc. Now using this site, Runtastic and a heart rate monitor. Lost around 9lbs already and find the HR monitor/app a great tool.

My fitness has improved - running 5k 3 times a week. My problem is sugar! Even what I consider well balanced diet, I find my sugar allowance is always too much how much sugar in an apple! Ridiculous LOL.

Replies

• Rombus19
    Rombus19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well welcome, I'm new as well, what branch were you in? I'm in the process of joining the US Navy
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

I'm over 50

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    53 and fat, but trying to do something about it.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    69 and now just fat instead of obese, add me if you wish. Ex Royal Navy if it matters
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    63 and also no longer obese, just fat. Still have a way to go. No forces history, but I was a copper for a couple of years in the late 60s.
  • renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Definitely over 50 here and have been on this site a little over 3 weeks. I find it really helps to track food and exercise and the support of friends is amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • SharonR1009
    Options
    Hi! 52 here! My main problem is sugar as well. I love fruit and it is high in natural sugar so I eat it as a snack in the morning. I've been on for 6 days, tomorrow is weigh in. I hope I've done well. Nice to meet you!
  • angiemaritza
    Options
    Hello name is Angela 57, having a hell of time losing wait, due to a workload of 12 hours daily sitting in an office has taken a toll on me, I need to loose 50 pounds. I started dieting and making trips to the gym at least 3 times per week, but I am very disappointed I have only lost 7 pounds in two months.
  • kkbrown2
    Options
    Hi Angela, My husband just bought scales and I've gained 14 lbs in a year! I read and write at my work 4-6-8 hours per day. I'm exercising, eating 1200 cal. per day and I see where I need to be more aggressive at this. How do you do it? Amazing! At this rate, I'll weigh 300 lbs in about a year more. I can't imagine. Best to you. Keep it up. You're an inspiration.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    55 and have been at this since January. I don't worry about the natural sugar in fruit - so far it has not hurt my progress in any way. No miltary background but feel free to add me if you like. Very big on major amounts of exercise and eating as healthy as possible (within reason - I still like a few beers and eat pizza once in a while). Took up running backin May and now get in about 90 miles a month - my go to exercise. Welcome to MFP and best of luck on your journey to better health!