Exercise FitBit

Options
Has anyone tried the fitbit?
I was thinking of getting one but was interested in knowing if someone had tried it and liked it.

Replies

• littlelady62
    Options
    I like to know about the Fitbit too. Would like to know if it is worth purchasing.
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have had one now for about 4-5 months and love it. It tracks EVERYTHING!!! There is a newer one coming out though in the next month that would be worth waiting for. It's more sturdy, the sync cable is not as huge as the current one and it's slightly water proof. The current model as much as I like it, I worry if sweat will damage it. However, their customer service is incredible. I have had a defective one and they replaced it no questions asked. I love how it tracks my sleep pattern and gives me weekly status reports. The fact that it syncs to myfitnesspal makes it that much better. Definitely worth the investment.
  • Tamsky22
    Options
    @bthumudo:

In my review of the website, the food tracker seems much like MFP's tracker. The fitbit also seems costly. How does MFP still help? Sorry for all the questions. I'm desperate for help with my weightless!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I wondered this too, if its worth the money? Have you noticed bigger weight loss because of it?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit ultra since the end of May ( so almost 5 months now), and I really like it. It is a pedometer with some really cool functions, but does NOT have a HRM function. Basically, it is worn pretty much 24/7 unless you are showering or swimming. Mine does steps, miles, flights of steps, calories burned ( basically TDEE) and has a clock function. If you hit the button on it, it will tell you how well you sleep at night.

Instead of trying to figure out how active I am in general, I set MFP to sedentary and let the fitbit give me extra credit on my busy days. I no longer actually log my exercise because the fitbit is a more accurate representation. In the last 5 months since I got my fitbit, I have lost 16.8lbs.

unlike other pedometers, the fitbit can hold 5-7 days worth of data without syncing. Back in May I went away for a long weekend, and when I got back after 3 days, it synced when I walked in the door!